User Tag List

Thread: Turbosmart BPV issues - Any comments/suggestions?

1. Default Turbosmart BPV issues - Any comments/suggestions?

Hey guys

I've had the Turbosmart Dual Port BPV fitted for about 18 months. I have it half recirc and half vent to air. The car was in for service last week and had the air filter changed.

Since I picked the car up, I've noticed something strange that I would like some comments on - The BPV seems to vent twice in quick succession when you change gears or lift off at mid or full throttle. If I remember rightly, it only vented once before.

I think the workshop have tightened the BPV spring tension when it was in there?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Just to ad to that so you know what I mean, rather than making one big Pssssht sound at each gear change, it is going psssht psssht.

Does anyone know if this means it is overtensioned?

Sounds like just a little bit of valve flutter to me, could be the spring tension, maybe just double check that the vac hose isnt kinked or deformed in a way that may be causing blockage.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Sounds like just a little bit of valve flutter to me, could be the spring tension, maybe just double check that the vac hose isnt kinked or deformed in a way that may be causing blockage.
    Will do. Thanks for the input.

out of interest - do you find any difference with the hybrid bov apart from the noise?

I dashhawked mine and found zero difference bewteen the stocker and the aftermarket.

I agree they look nice under the hood....

Mine felt like it built boost a little earlier, though ive got nothing to prove it.

6. Default

Yeah, no real difference. I think the Pssht makes it feel faster!

I think it goes worse with the turbosmart bpv.. mostly just the flat feeling i used to get every gear change, but the unburnt fuel going off in the exhaust makes for an awesome sounding change.

I've heard that factory BOV's leak air, and with the aftermarket ones you do feel the improvement. But you are saying that there is no difference at all?

If you're burning fuel in the pipes and backfiring, you might need to tighten up the the setting a bit. That raw fuel is washing lube off your cylinder walls too. Check all the other posts / threads on this issue.

I've got a HKS SSQV 3 fitted on my Gen 2 and i've noticed that boost seems to come on earlier with SRI and TIP, also i've noticed that before i had all the parts on during 2nd gear the boost starts to die down after going past like 4.5k, now it holds full boost right up till 6k. So i reckon its probably holding boost alittle betta than the stocka..