User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Because 3 quarts or 2.8L was too a little on the small side I decided to upgrade my storage capacity especially with a trackday coming up. So I got these two 6 quart or 5.6L Tanks. It was better to have 2 tall tanks to prevent sloshing and I joined them together with some Speedflow fittings and some braided hose. Now as the tanks are connected I only fill 1 tank and then the other tank auto fills and they even out. 10L should last me up to a month at a time.

Coz racecar FTW!!!
    Looks awesome

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Nice rob!
    Surprised you managed to fit it under the guard!
    Where did you move the pump to?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Nice rob!
    Surprised you managed to fit it under the guard!
    Where did you move the pump to?
    Its behind the tanks next to the horn. Pump seemed a little noisy when I tested it too, hope its not on its way out.

Its behind the tanks next to the horn. Pump seemed a little noisy when I tested it too, hope its not on its way out.
    hopefully it isnt, you can check with a multimeter or ammeter by seeing how much current the pump is pulling - if near or greater than 10 amps, then i would be concerned :S

@ledfootrob u had chance to pull apart n check ur valves yet?

Is everyone using diggers metho from hardware stores or where is the methanol being sourced?

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Is everyone using diggers metho from hardware stores or where is the methanol being sourced?
    If u in Victoria there's few places in city n Dandenong

Metho is fine to use and typically a lot more readily available than methanol, I also recommend using distilled water as opposed to regular tap water.

Id only use metho if you can get anything else, its mainly ethanol with a small amount of methanol .Get the proper stuff from VP Racing or alike. Coogee Methanol is about $50 for 20L and it will last you months and as said above use distilled water, tap water will form deposit from minerals etc.

VP Racing Fuel Locations Victoria

CAVALLO RACING*21 VESPER DRIVE NARRE WARRENNINO CAVALLO PH:0418 999907 OR*BRUNO CAVALLO PH: 0418 356583

Pre Race Engines*4/62 Merola Way, Campbellfield, Vic, 3061Office Phone: (03) 9357 7668Office Fax: (03) 9357 7669

LIQUOR LOGISTICS*UNIT 1, 365 PLUMMER ST, PORT MELBOURNE, Vic,*Lee Bektash 0417 857 859

Haddad Race Cars*16A Amberley Crs Dandenong Vic 3175*Office Phone: (03) 9794 6599*Office Fax : (03) 9793 1736

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    @ledfootrob u had chance to pull apart n check ur valves yet?
    One day soon my friend. I think ill have to look at getting Injector seals and TIGS. I`ve got some SURE tigs but im not game to use them lol

One day soon my friend. I think ill have to look at getting Injector seals and TIGS. I`ve got some SURE tigs but im not game to use them lol

I'm running the sure TIGs, so far so good lol
    Realistically, it would be very difficult to stuff up a plastic cut out lol

Lol tru just get a jbr one that's what I got n no problem at all. Injector seals shitty plastic seals were all over the place
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

13. Default

Meth seems the way to go to get the most for me but i have no clue how it is set to spray ..i have an offer to buy(well did buy and they are on the way) a GTX2867r and catted downpipe both still brand new in the box for $2000. i am ecuteck tuned and can't swap maps to run E85 when it isnt available....
    Rob or Rayd you did the installs yourself i gather, is it programmed through the AP to shoot meth at a certain point or it wouldn't matter if it;s installed and using an Ecuteck tune
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

The kits use either a boost activated on / off type switch (i.e at x psi the pump sprays at 100% capacity), alternatively and far superior, you can get an electronic progressive controller that will ramp up the spray volume as boost increases (based on the MAP sensor voltage).

P.S will be putting my Devils Own kit up for sale very soon

MAF seems to be the best way to do it... as MAF voltage (airflow) goes up, the amount being sprayed goes up

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    P.S will be putting my Devils Own kit up for sale very soon
    i didnt read that
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Meth seems the way to go to get the most for me but i have no clue how it is set to spray ..i have an offer to buy(well did buy and they are on the way) a GTX2867r and catted downpipe both still brand new in the box for $2000. i am ecuteck tuned and can't swap maps to run E85 when it isnt available....
    Rob or Rayd you did the installs yourself i gather, is it programmed through the AP to shoot meth at a certain point or it wouldn't matter if it;s installed and using an Ecuteck tune
    Why can't you run E85 if your ECUTEC tuned? I'm ECUTEC tuned and lining up an E85 tune.

sorry didnt read post properly , change maps.

I don't think it's legal running meth and u might run into insurance problems if something happens
    Last edited by chef; 08-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Why can't you run E85 if your ECUTEC tuned? I'm ECUTEC tuned and lining up an E85 tune.

sorry didnt read post properly , change maps.

I don't think it's legal running meth and u might run into insurance problems if something happens
    We are talking meth and making max HP on a turbo charged car....if worrying what could happen we would be discussing that on an i own a very boring slow Yaris forum.
    Back to topic Rob seems to make some very good grunt on a boost set up system...bottam line is how much for one of you gentlemen who have beenthere and done it assist in an install if just regular fuel gives not much gain.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

If your competent with some minor electrical wiring the kits arent too hard to install. It all comes down to cost as to which controller you get. Boost kits are the most simple and cost effective kit and you just set it to half your max boost and it then sprays at 100% which works great. MAF signal kits can be used progressively but are more expensive and a little harder to set up. I think I paid $250-300 for my Snow PerPerformance kit. I've used nozzles from D04 up to D07 now on the BNR. Just with the D04 and a 50/50 mix I was able to run alot more timing and make about 20wkw extra. Also you help clean your valves and your worrying about BATS becomes a thing of the past. I regularly see BATS below intake temps.

The differences between MAF & MAP based systems is much the same as the difference between methanol & ethanol, both work equally effectively at reducing knock & BATs. I really comes down to personal preference and availability, Methanol is readily available in the US, where as here, ethanol (Methylated Spirits) is more common.

If you are going for an all out tuning to maximise the power from WMI, you should be spending a LOT more on a kit, utilizing things such as flow control monitors & fail safe systems, a blocked nozzle can be catastrophic in a heavily meth tuned engine, some of the fail-safes in the more advanced controllers can be programmed to open your waste-gate in the event that flow falls under a set volume.

I had mine for the fact that its a bit of cheap insurance in the event of say some dodgy fuel, and the fact that even in the middle of summer the car was pulling like it was a winters day.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had to do it again I would pick a MAP based controller, since it would react quicker than a boost based system, and help eliminate the post lift richness that sometimes occurs since the nozzle has a slight lag in stopping the meth injection due to the nature of the boost based controller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast