User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 driveline question

1. Default MPS 6 driveline question

Hey guys, can someone tell me what sort of revs their MPS 6 does at cruising speed of 100km/hr? Mine sits on approx 2500rpm in 6th gear, is this standard?

Cheers

Sounds about right...

Will look closer on the drive home if you like...

Chris.

About 2400RPM in 6th and 100kmph (both based on the speedometer and tachometer display, results may vary depending on what method you choose to measure this)

Try the link here for the original road test in Wheels km/h per 1000rpm = 40.2km/h therefore at 2500rpm = 100.50 km/h these are usually speed checked so should be fairly accurate! Though I did find when I had a 6MPS and Dashhawk the indicated RPM on the tacho was greater than the Dashhawk RPM by approx 150-200rpm (which is from the ECU)

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ps-review.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Today on the way to work...

Dashawk indicated RPM, 2560ish... Dashhawk indicated speed, 100KMh.

Speedo was reading a little over the 100, maybe 102-103.

Chris.

6. Default

Thanks guys, reason I asked is that at those revs it is so tempting to touch the accelerator and be at 120km/hr in blink of an eye..

Guess I am gonna have to use the cruise control more often

The speed tends to creep up on you. I find myself cruising at 120kmph and not thinking about it. Such a difference from a light 1.6L where you can feel the difference.
    The bike is the same, cruising at 120kmph is easy enough to do without thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Today on the way to work...

Dashawk indicated RPM, 2560ish... Dashhawk indicated speed, 100KMh.

Speedo was reading a little over the 100, maybe 102-103.

Chris.
    [EDIT] WHOA! Brain fart alert... that should be 2360ish @ 100KMh, NOT 2560ish... [/EDIT]
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Dont forget guys that your tyres will make the "actual speed" differ. the display will be out from car to car, I know ours is slower than actual but ther can be upto 10% difference. also dont forget that if the speed sensor is on the gearbox and everyone has the same gearbox, it may be a calibration issue.
    just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    The speed tends to creep up on you. I find myself cruising at 120kmph and not thinking about it.
    I find mine will sit on 120-130 without too much input from me, seems to be it's sweet spot for cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudspec View Post
    Dont forget guys that your tyres will make the "actual speed" differ. the display will be out from car to car, I know ours is slower than actual but ther can be upto 10% difference. also dont forget that if the speed sensor is on the gearbox and everyone has the same gearbox, it may be a calibration issue.
    just a thought.
    Indeed...

With my original wheels my Dashawk indicated speed was ~3KMh faster than my GPS speed, while my speedo was ~7KMh faster.

With my new wheels my dashhawk and GPS speed are basically identical, with he speedo being ~5KMh faster.

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...