User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

Default General SA chat thread

It is! How does it look?!

it looks pretty good to me, seems solid enough, it came with all the brackets and gaskets and whatnot too so hopefully it'll go on without too many problems

once that's on i gotta get those rotors on... i tried earlier but it didn't go so well, undid one bolt and some brake fluid leaked out... tightened it back up and put it back together, lol, i think i'll leave it to someone who knows what they're doing

I'm happy to help, I did my own not too hard :-)

haha, if you want you can help, that would be awesome my hydraulic jack doesn't fit under my car anymore though so today to get it up i had to use the crappy one in the boot... not fun... i'll invest in a proper car jack and axle stands some day, lol

car's back from being tuned, didn't quite get what i was hoping for, but there's probably a couple of reasons why, lol, but it started the day at 158 awKW and finished with 183 KW, he didn't raise the boost more than what he did because the turbo apparently started smoking, possibly due to him leaving the car on idle for 15 minutes... and there might be a slight boost leak in there somewhere too, apparently my car's had the most mods on it that they've tuned, so i'm a little disappointed i didn't break at least 190 KW, but it still goes pretty well, so i'm pretty happy, i'll look into a retune later on and see if we can squeeze some more out of it maybe

What mods do you have? I had a TIP and CAI when mine was tuned, reckon they tuned it to 172 kw

i have a Corksport FMIC with a RAM air intake with K&N panel filter that sits where the stock intercooler sat, Tial QR BPV, Turbo back exhaust, and the Ecutek ECU, i know Mark has all that minus the FMIC and BPV (his is stock) and makes 195 kW, so i'm not sure what's going on, could be because i have 95 RON petrol in the car instead of 98 or it could be a slight boost leak somewhere, but i think it's partly because he didn't want to push it further while the turbo was busy smoking at idle because he left it idling too long and didn't want to risk damaging the engine, he said the smoke went away when he started driving and i haven't had any issues with smoke before or after the dyno, but for now i'm pretty happy with the power, it's plenty quick enough, i guess i just had my hopes up a bit too much for the 200 kW goal

Love your car and give it 98 octane! It will love you back!!!
    98 octane will go further than 95 so it's worth the extra 10 cents ;-)

On a good day I thought you could nudge 200 but 183 is nothing to unhappy about. I'm still not convinced on the front mount with the extra distance the air has to travel.

I'm due to hit Steve Knights dyno Wednesday for an oil change test, Nulon want me to go back to their oil from ULX110 so I'm interested to see my results because previous dyno tunes I didn't have TIP and I'm going to Coolant throttle body bypass mod (in DIY mod area)
    Search "Nulon vs ULX110" to see my last dyno test when I tested ULX110, result was in the high 180's but I had smaller wheels (40's not factory 45's) from my best @ 192.

haha, yeah, i suppose in the end an extra 10 cents really isn't all that much, just means for every 10L i get, i spend a whopping $1 more on petrol, something most people don't seem to realise when they complain about high fuel prices, unless they're comparing from back when it was 80c a litre

i looked at the MRT pages S&J had in their offices and they reckon that while a FMIC will be better than the stock intercooler, an upgraded top mounted one would be much better for the car... i guess FMIC's are more visual than anything, but i'm sure it's not hindering anything, so i'm not too fussed, i like it how it is

i just searched that on youtube now, saw the first result with your face in it and figured that had to be it :P never realised you have LED's in your headlights before though, they look good! awesome that you made a 7 kW gain from the oil alone, but how old was the synthetic oil before you replaced it? shouldn't you have done a test with fresh oil of both kinds for the tests?

Oil was 5-6k old so not new for new, that's why Nulon are paying for another test from 6k old ULX110 to new Nulon (same as before) to see if just changing to fresh quality oil will show the same gain results.
    I'm happy just to keep getting free oil changes and dyno time lol!

Maybe we should convince them to 'expand the test results accross a median engine type' tottally not trying to scam free oil and dyno runs or anything... haha

Lol!

i finally got around to scanning in my dyno results this afternoon if anyone was interested, lol

Does anyone know how to test CELs? I got one driving back from Wallaroo today and have no idea what's wrong, nothing sounds wrong and it's not overheating or anything so it's got me stumped :/ i googled and searched the forum on how to do it but found nothing obvious :/

Default Re: General SA chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Does anyone know how to test CELs? I got one driving back from Wallaroo today and have no idea what's wrong, nothing sounds wrong and it's not overheating or anything so it's got me stumped :/ i googled and searched the forum on how to do it but found nothing obvious :/
    Get some sort of code reader, a Bluetooth dongle + phone app will do it...
    Or borrow someone's access port/dash hawk/scab gauge
    Otherwise, local mechanic can probably give you the code for dirt cheap (maybe free)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Ok, thanks, i'll try that, where do i plug in whatever device i use if i have something suitable? Is it near the fusebox? In my old honda the fusr box was next to your right foot as you drive, but the thing to check CELs was in the passenger footwell... but that was also different and all you needed was a paperclip or short piece of wire to get the code as it would make beeping noises to indicate the code... i'm guessing this is alot different, lol

depends on your car...
    i know on the gen 1, it's just above your right knee when sitting in drivers seat... there's a OBD2 port, just read the code off there

The OBD port on the 6 is under the steering column, shine a torch up there and you should be able to see it

Awesome, thanks for the help guys i'll try and figure out what it is soon, my guess would be either an o2 sensor near the dp since it was only put in a week or two ago, or possibly the MSF sensor and i shoukd look into a wideband one since doing the ecutek tune, but we'll see first, thanks again guys

Just go back to SandJ, mine did the same thing a few weeks after the same mods. Turned out it was the warning that exhaust temp was lower than standard. They cleared it once, got it back about 4 weeks later and didn't do anything for a few weeks and it just went away and never came back.
    Don't stress about it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast