User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RichTune GT3071r Build

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    makes it run smoother apparently,
    But increase in NVH?... How does that work.. =/
    Umm, why is it there in the first place then? purpose?

Yep, that's what I'm worried about, mine is a DD, I use to have AWR 88duro side mounts which I quickly sold due to crazy NVH.
    Now I'm using a modified AWR driver side mount and stock trans mount (will get a JBR trans mount if he decides to go 80a duro)

Much better now...

I would love to shed 18lbs but at the risk of more NVH?? I dunno... If anyone in Sydney has done a BSD, I wanna drive it and see how it is
    I have the 70duro trans and side engine mount, vibrations at first were a bit worrying but they have completely gone, its just the tranny whine I get from it spinning up and I dont actually mind it..
    Everything Ive read about people who have done all mounts say not to do the BSD as the vibes are shocking but I can't say as I haven't sat in a car that had it done... I think this is one of the things you should do last when trying to squeeze everything out.. Once you take it off I don't think theres any easy way to put it back on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    But increase in NVH?... How does that work.. =/
    Umm, why is it there in the first place then? purpose?
    Smoother power delivery with added cabin vibrations etc..
    It is basically a counterweight to reduce vibrations in the first place...
    Removing it will obviously increase vibrations (NVH) substantially I would imagine
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default RichTune GT3071r Build

I read on MSF somewhere that a member had there 70 duro trans mount shred itself apart within a month... So I'm hesitant to put it on mine with 300+kw atw :S

I read on MSF somewhere that a member had there 70 duro trans mount shred itself apart within a month... So I'm hesitant to put it on mine with 300+kw atw :S
    I believe this was due to the early design in the AWR mount without the metal insert. They revised the design and put a metal insert into the bushing for this issue AFAIK.. Ive had mine in for a couple months, Ill take my intake out and inspect it next oil change
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I think this is one of the things you should do last when trying to squeeze everything out.. Once you take it off I don't think theres any easy way to put it back on
    ---
    It is basically a counterweight to reduce vibrations in the first place...
    Removing it will obviously increase vibrations (NVH) substantially I would imagine
    Ok, I get the idea now. RACECAR!!!

Default RichTune GT3071r Build

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I believe this was due to the early design in the AWR mount without the metal insert. They revised the design and put a metal insert into the bushing for this issue AFAIK.. Ive had mine in for a couple months, Ill take my intake out and inspect it next oil change
    Awaiting your next oil change then !

Awaiting your next oil change then !
    Im not exactly making big power though so id be suprised if its torn the bushing hehe
    It is a right pita to try and get a torque wrench in there to tighten the bolts properly, I had to do 1 or 2 by feel

8. Default

Did some more work this weekend. Shit sucked because it was outside in the freezing cold and snowing.

-Turbo is built and installed. Half of the compressor housing screw holes were stripped so we had to drill and re-tap them. Stock oil drain line didn't line up perfect so it took me about 2.5 hours to get it on. Total PITA!

-Bearing caps have been installed in the transfer case.

-Balance shaft delete is done

-PERM CC plate installed
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

9. Default

Almost finished.

Installed transfer case, bell housing for trans, dp, sub frame, etc. Only things left to do are dual OCC install, intercooler piping and fluids. Car should be running by end of week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12