User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loads of Pictures and some more details of the new MPS (56K die!)

Blog Entries

Default Loads of Pictures and some more details of the new MPS (56K die!)

Early last month Mazda previewed the Mazdaspeed3 that will make its official debut at the Geneva Motor Show this week. We were only afforded three images and some salient details, but now just hours before the Swiss show officially begins we have a number of new pics and more information about one of our favorite sport compacts.

Browse the updated high-res gallery below and you'll see that the super smiley face of the new redesigned Mazda3 has been butched up for Mazdaspeed3 duty (the car is called the Mazda3 MPS outside the U.S.). The new car sports a hood scoop that even a Subaru WRX would be proud to wear, as well as its own unique grille trim, round foglamps, a roof-mounted spoiler, rear diffuser and its own set of wheels.

Sources are saying that the new design won't be joined by a new engine, as the same MZR 2.3L direct-inject, turbocharged four-cylinder will be used at launch though with power slightly increased to around 268 horsepower. The only other bit of tech info we have is a rumor that involves the Ford Focus RS. The Focus RS uses a special RevoKnuckle suspension system that virtually eliminates the issue of torque steer for the front-wheel-drive hot hatch, and rumor has it the Mazdaspeed3 may also take advantage of this system. Stay tuned for live coverage of the Geneva Motor Show where we'll meet the new Mazdaspeed3 in person.
    UPDATE: European specs are in. Click here.

Last edited by armthehomeless; 03-03-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

Studio shots:

Interior:

2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

hmm... I dunno.. But I do like the interior.

No Thanks

Blog Entries

Totally dig the interior but the rest still has to grow on me I think.

hmm... red does not do this justice i feel...... sort of lost its aggressive look hasn't it.. to many curves >??

oh and i hate the wheels.. yuck !!
    Last edited by PaulG; 03-03-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Its growing on me. I am starting to like it. Love the interior also.

And that red seems to be different to the current Red...which can only be good in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Oh and I think the digital boost gauge is a nice touch

Blog Entries

Whoa I didn't even notice that! Super Hawt!

its growing on me!! hmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Its growing on me. I am starting to like it. Love the interior also.

And that red seems to be different to the current Red...which can only be good in my opinion.
    Would have to spend some time with it in person I think...

Let's hope the red is the Velocity Red, or something similar - have to agree that the current red is CRAP

Like the interior...

Topmount FTL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Topmount FTL.
    Why is everything acting like Mazda using a Topmount is the biggest mistake in the world...

What did Subi do which still worked very well...top mount...

If you want a front mount, get an Evo...good luck with the price difference.

/end rant
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

its growing on me for sure. ill be in talks with mazda dealership when it comes out.

God i hate it

I won't one.

Thank **** they fixed the speedo dial, Far better spacing of the numbers.

Like most cars, wait till you seen it in the metal before writing it off as ugly.

Photo's aren't a substitute for the real thing.

18. Default

i like it!! Looks nicer than the current MPS imo. Slightly more agressive. Looks a bit fatter though. The interior looks quite interesting, with that weird coloured material on the seats and dash. But overall VERY impressed. I wouldn't mind one at all.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

just wondering, where did the fuel and temperature gauge go? im assuming that its where the odo is? probably not turned on in those pics. I have a disliking for electronic gauges. it just doesn't look right. Why not just a simple conventional dial?

19. Default

No revoknuckle........... and no weight in the stats.......

With tripple syncros in 1st to 3rd, you'll find torque limiting will be in those gears also, so I think the 0-100km in 6.1sec is BS if you ask me.

The way I see it, Mazda appear to have learnt some lessons from the 06-08 model issues, but it just isnt that convincing.....

My Take on it all:
    Its good they've gone with 225/40 R18 tyres, but Dunlop is a cheap, noisy & nasty cop out.
    Its good they've improved the suspension, but I guess they'll still get the same damn knocking as I bet the end links suffer from the same issues.
    Its good they've made the body stiffer, but I bet we'll have more rattles than a baby after 5000km when the dash gets loose
    Its good they've added a turbo scoop, but its a TMIC and still suffers from heat soak
    Its good they've made the dash ergonomical and with more room, but its one piece, and cant add nice gauges like the MPS garage ones I have - and if I wanted a Mazda 6, I would just buy a Mazda 6....blah.
    Its good they've gone with low viscosity oil for the box, but we can do that ourselves anyway (its probably Penrite SIN 75W90 to stop the WONG WONG WONG lol!)
    Its good its got a lot of front vent space, but theres no FMIC to take advantage of it
    Its good they've gone with stiffer drive shafts, but what about the CV cups wheel side?

I'll definately have a test drive when it arrives tho, and give the demo the thrashing it deserves
    Last edited by Wardski; 03-03-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Finally some pics that do it justice...
    Sh*t hot, I say.

Can't see myself trading anytime soon, tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast