User Tag List

Thread: Mazda Shinari Concept debuts new face of the brand in style

Default Mazda Shinari Concept debuts new face of the brand in style

Filed under: Concept Cars, Performance, Mazda, Design/Style

Mazda Shinari Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery

When Mazda invited us to Milan to see its new concept car, we knew it must be something important. Normally concept cars get their 15 minutes of fame at an auto show, and then it's off to the next press conference to see what the following automaker will introduce. Not so with Mazda's latest styling endeavor. The Japanese automaker wanted our full and undivided attention, with the center of international design and fashion in Italy as a fitting backdrop.

The Shinari concept, which roughly translates to "resistance to being bent," will serve as a the basis for Mazda's new design language, and many of the styling cues will make it to future production vehicles. That means that the Shinari will essentially affect the design of every vehicle coming from the Japanese automaker for the next several years. An important car for Mazda? You bet.

The Shinari was officially unveiled earlier today, and we spent several hours talking with Mazda's artists about the design and how it will affect the automaker's forthcoming vehicles. Follow the jump to learn more about the Shinari and what it means for the brand's future.

Gallery: Mazda Shinari Concept In Detail

Photos copyright (C)2010 Drew Phillips / AOLContinue reading Mazda Shinari Concept debuts new face of the brand in style

Mazda Shinari Concept debuts new face of the brand in style originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Blog Entries

I like it. I think it takes us back to the RX8 style...good things going forward I think!

i have a resistance to being bent too and that car is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    I like it. I think it takes us back to the RX8 style...good things going forward I think!
    +1

.. great move Mazda!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Shinari = Aston Martin + Rx8

Now thats a sexy rear end....like the zorst placement and tips as well...very euro.

Looks like good things to come in the next few years....

GenIII will be good from these designs.....im sure we will see spy shots and testing soon.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

The drivers section of the cabin is very Ferrari 458-ish

Love it, has a lot of the RX8 series 1, IMO the best looking car made by mazda.

If the production version was close to this, would buy

Blog Entries

That is by far and away the best looking sedan I've seen since ... ever.
    Don't like the instrument panel, but the exterior is ...beautiful.

What a beautiful concept. The detail is amazing. I love the close ups. Not sure about the grooves on the brake disks? More for show?

This car is my desktop now (replaced the SEMA show white MPS)

Thanks!!