User Tag List

Thread: June 2010 Sales Results - Top Ten, Mazda and Performance Model Breakdown

Post June 2010 Sales Results - Top Ten, Mazda and Performance Model Breakdown

Top Ten Sales By Marque (Marque - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

1. Toyota - 21,257 - 107,470
    2. Holden - 13,836 - 68,657
    3. Ford - 10,012 - 49,196
    4. Mazda - 8,024 - 42,871
    5. Hyundai - 8,055 - 42,371
    6. Nissan - 7,058 - 32,830
    7. Mitsubishi - 7,203 - 32,372
    8. Honda - 5,373 - 22,205
    9. Subaru - 4,066 - 21,109
    10. Volkswagen - 4,759 - 19,306

Total Market - 108,722 - 531,168

Top Ten Sales by Model (Marque/Model - Monthly Sales)

1. Holden Commodore - 4,697
    2. Toyota Corolla - 4,194
    3. Toyota Hilux - 4,101
    4. Mazda Mazda3 - 3,680
    5. Hyundai i30 - 3,209
    6. Holden Cruze - 2,987
    7. Ford Falcon - 2,651
    8. Mitsubishi Lancer - 2,538
    9. Volkswagen Golf - 2,527
    10. Nissan Navara - 2,416

Mazda Model Breakdown (Model - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

Mazda2 - 1,342 - 6,893
    Mazda3 - 3,625 - 19,477
    Mazda3 MPS - 55 - 358
    Mazda6 - 708 - 4,241
    MX-5 - 51 - 241
    RX-8 - 21 - 138
    CX-7 - 889 - 4,831
    CX-9 - 388 - 2,247
    BT-50 4X2 - 463 - 2,118
    BT-50 4X4 - 482 - 2,327

Performance Model Breakdown (Marque - Model - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

1. Volkswagen - Golf GTI - 716 - 2,109
    2. Subaru - Impreza WRX - 27 - 989
    3. Ford - Focus XR5 - 204 - 867
    4. Mazda - Mazda3 MPS - 55 - 358
    5. Mitsubishi - Lancer Ralliart - 44 - 220
    6. Honda - Civic Type R - 25 - 90

1. Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution - 21 - 148
    2. Volkswagen - Golf R/R32 - 53 - 134
    3. Subaru - Impreza WRX STI - 7 - 78

Source: VFACTS
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 06-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.

2. Default

WOW more CX7's sold than Mazda6

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    WOW more CX7's sold than Mazda6
    Yeah and more BT50's too if you combine 4x4 and 4x2!!!

And Ford does not look too good with Mazda and Hyundai being less than 7000 sales off Ford (YTD)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

What was Mazda's antcipation on how many MPS's were meant to be sold??

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    What was Mazda's antcipation on how many MPS's were meant to be sold??
    Would probably have hoped to sell a few more but it's difficult when you're up against the likes of the Golf GTi.

I've just added the Performance Model Breakdown to my first post.

It's impressive how many GTi's VW sold last month. For those interested ... of the 2,109 GTi's sold so far this year, 75% feature the DSG transmission.

I'm not sure why Subaru sold such a small number of WRX this month. Can only imagine it's because they ran out of stock after pushing out 459 in May.

I've updated the figure for the Golf R/R32 as I neglected to include the new Golf R model in the last couple of months results.
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 06-07-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    It's impressive how many GTi's VW sold last month. For those interested ... of the 2,109 GTi's sold so far this year, 75% feature the DSG transmission.
    One word... Common. Every 2nd Golf on the road at the moment is a GTi. They're fast becoming the Commodore or Falcon or the small car market (ie, a shyteload of them on the road...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    I'm not sure why Subaru sold such a small number of WRX this month. Can only imagine it's because they ran out of stock after pushing out 459 in May.
    Maybe potential buyers decided to get the GTi instead
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 07-07-2010 at 11:36 AM.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Not surprised the new GTI looks very nice, if only they were a bit more raw and powerful they would sell even more, same goes for the XR5.

How in earth has Subaru sold that many WRXs this year I have no idea!...they are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Not surprised the new GTI looks very nice, if only they were a bit more raw and powerful they would sell even more, same goes for the XR5.

How in earth has Subaru sold that many WRXs this year I have no idea!...they are ugly.
    They have a more powerful GTI Also a more powerful and raw XR5 but the buggers never brought it to Aus

Subaru sells WRX's because it's a proven product and has great bang for your bucks! Mazda need to promote the MPS differently and increase the motorsport involvement to lift the street cred and sales of the MPS3 but they also need to spec it up a bit and match what is on offer from Germany (Full Leather, Sun roof, Full sized Sat Nav screen, heated seats etc etc etc) to catch up with Golf sales, as there are alot of Golf sales that are specced up from standard alot of people who are paying $55K+ for a Golf with lots of fruit!

isnt a GTi basically a rather warm hatch, rather than a "hot" hatch?
    to me they seem to be dan is right, ~28% of all golf's sold (according to the stats in 1st post) are GTI's, i think they're becoming the "must have" car, golf has been runner up in wheels COTY twice in past 3-4 years now (V and VI) plus the massive amount of it gets from motoring press means that it really becomes the default choice for alot of people

still, there is ALOT of SP23's out there for mazda 3's... so you cant be too critical dan!

i know when my parents were looking for a new town car ~3 years ago and asked me, i said golf TDI with DSG, and i do still stand by that, but they bought a "basic" mazda 3 (2.0L engine) which is what really brought the MPS to the front for me, that and it's a pain in the ass to find a decent 2nd hand manual GTI
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    They have a more powerful GTI Also a more powerful and raw XR5 but the buggers never brought it to Aus

Subaru sells WRX's because it's a proven product and has great bang for your bucks! Mazda need to promote the MPS differently and increase the motorsport involvement to lift the street cred and sales of the MPS3 but they also need to spec it up a bit and match what is on offer from Germany (Full Leather, Sun roof, Full sized Sat Nav screen, heated seats etc etc etc) to catch up with Golf sales, as there are alot of Golf sales that are specced up from standard alot of people who are paying $55K+ for a Golf with lots of fruit!
    The Golf R and Ford RS another very different matter

They both a lot more expensive than the GTI and MPS, totally worth it though.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

We are working on it over here with the dyno day at Allstar Tuning and GrandPrix Mazda and the Guys worked in with Mazda Australia which made the Wakefield event happen, Chris if you look at this web http://www.grandprixmazda.com.au/articles.php
    At last it was payback for those that support the Grand Prix Motorsport team and the proud followers / club members of the Mazda MPS world.
    A combined Grand Prix Motorsport and Mazda Australia track day was made available at Lakeside on June 21, 2010. It was a wonderful day with many owners cars being driven and for some lucky members a lap or two in the Grand Prix MPS.
    The day was extremely successful for everyone and it allowed everyone involved in the Grand Prix and Mazda Motorsport teams to give a BIG THANK YOU to our supporters.

Smile Mazda mps motorsport pedagree !!

Win races Sunday sell cars Monday !!! A well proven formula that works . Chris has nailed it in his comments above , The MPS & Golf GTi are two very different cars with very different buyers ,The golf buyers usually option up with factory luxury items of at least $10k they are the bench mark for a refined luzury warmish hatch & deservedly so at a price.
    However Mazda Aust your MPS is a different beast alltogether a jeckel & hide more than capable hi performance hot hatch ,plus a weekend giant killing track machine . This amazing car is in every sense a car for the adrenallin junkies a person who religiously watches every form of motorsport his or her god given 24hr day will allow. Mazda need a advertising campain to suit , like "check to see if you have a pulse, YOU DO !! Great go buy the ultimate hot hatch only real drivers need apply!! Warning MAZDA 3 MPS'S RAISE ADRENALLIN TO NEW LEVELS BUYERS SHOULD CONSULT THIER DOCTORS .I am 62 have 37 years of kart racing experiance. I drive a MPS I am constantly letting other car enthuisiasts drive my car ,they are completely blown away by how good the MPS is . Mr MAZDA GURU you should do a add useing me I even have mps tattoo'd on my arm ." MAZDA 3 MPS AMAZING " Advertise it's motorsport sucsesses . A car designed for all the senses to stimulate the true motoring enthuisiast.
    Ps In my opinion you should have retained the Sport Pack option ,not introduced a whimpy Lux Pack .

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 08-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I think the only thing saving Ford in the sales....is the new release of the Fiesta.

Quite a few on the roads I have been seeing....and seriously aint a bad looking car.

Falcon...pfft....and the new 4cyl model....will be worse.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

the 6-cylinder turbo ford is a beast of a car...
    was in at tunehouse last friday, there was a F6 on the dyno that had 700kw at the wheels.... was the show pony of a guy who drives another F6 with 500kw atw as a daily driver.... fiesta aint a bad looking car... just too damn small...

btw, col in an advertisement for MPS... where do we sign the petition,

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I think the only thing saving Ford in the sales....is the new release of the Fiesta.

Quite a few on the roads I have been seeing....and seriously aint a bad looking car.

Falcon...pfft....and the new 4cyl model....will be worse.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    In the performance model breakdown Ford is smashing Mazda. So it is not just the Ford Fiesta getting Ford up there in the list.

# Ford - Focus XR5 - 204 - 867
    # Mazda - Mazda3 MPS - 55 - 358
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

16. Default

maybe its cause they are quite cheap ... arent they running them out now to make way for the new ones in the future which supposedly will share the MPS engine no more 5 cyl engine ?

maybe its cause they are quite cheap ... arent they running them out now to make way for the new ones in the future which supposedly will share the MPS engine no more 5 cyl engine ?
    That's the word on the street BB, though I've haven't read anything to confirm or disprove. Would make sense given the current Duratec/MZR engines are the same, have read Ford are switching to DI for the 2011 Focus (new body etc)

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the 6-cylinder turbo ford is a beast of a car...
    was in at tunehouse last friday, there was a F6 on the dyno that had 700kw at the wheels.... was the show pony of a guy who drives another F6 with 500kw atw as a daily driver.... fiesta aint a bad looking car... just too damn small...

btw, col in an advertisement for MPS... where do we sign the petition,
    HAAAH haah is the petition to get me in or out of any Mazda MPS advertising
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    HAAAH haah is the petition to get me in or out of any Mazda MPS advertising
    Col
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yes that has to be one of the selling points... price! ...and on top they look good so a WIN WIN WIN!