User Tag List

Thread: New AWD Mazda 3 MPS announced (internally @ Mazda anyway).

1. Default New AWD Mazda 3 MPS announced (internally @ Mazda anyway).

Ok, so it's true.

I picked up my car from Brighton Mazda only 30 minutes ago and the service manager there asked if I was aware of the new AWD 3MPS model coming out...
    I said I'd heard the rumours but until something is announced I wouldn't believe it.

This was the response... (as close as I can remember)...

"Well, it's not officially announced on the sales floor but we've had internal notification that it's happening. Should be awesome!"

Since it was from the service manager at Brighton Mazda, and not the part-time car cleaner.... I'm inclined to believe him.

So, rumours aside, it's happening! Everyone rejoice and prepare to out-spin those Evo's and Rex's.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Hmmm very interesting, maybe I will stay in the MPS family.

*prays to Mazda gods*
    Don't blow up for... 3-4 years...
    Then I trade you...

Wonder how long it will take COBB to crack it to use an AP with it. Hope they make a decent driveline that can take mods..

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Wonder how long it will take COBB to crack it to use an AP with it. Hope they make a decent driveline that can take mods..
    In typical Mazda fashion, probably will, just make mounts that disintegrate on first hard gear change
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

6. Default

But will it be turbo!!?!

interested in more information... im pretty skeptical about any info mazda dealers provide. Ive heard some rubbish in the past!
    That said, it would be great

At the track last week I was talking to a guy with an MX-5 who had recently been to Deckspeed Racing...

Apparently the guy at Deckspeed has already put a holding deposit for one of the first ones. I thought it was just a crock of BS, but if the messaging is starting to filter through all Mazda dealers then perhaps it's not?

I still remain skeptical but my interest has been piqued.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    In typical Mazda fashion, probably will, just make mounts that disintegrate on first hard gear change
    Sadly i think you will be correct there, it will be more than likely CX5 bits for a driveline.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Sadly i think you will be correct there, it will be more than likely CX5 bits for a driveline.
    In fairness that drivetrain is already handling 420Nm of torque in the turbo diesel. I test drove one and they pull very hard up hills. I still prefer petrol though.

I think Mazda will make the new 3 MPS just powerful enough to meet the market expectation (around 200 - 210kW) and will try and build it cheap enough to still sell some volume.

If you want a real strong, reliable and high performance build you will have to go aftermarket and void warranty etc like always.