User Tag List

Thread: Mazda Hazumi Concept previews next Mazda2 in Geneva [w/videos]

Default Mazda Hazumi Concept previews next Mazda2 in Geneva [w/videos]

Filed under: Concept Cars, Geneva Motor Show, Hatchback, Mazda, Diesel

The official photos of Mazda's Hazumi concept leaked out yesterday, but we have finally gotten to see it in real life at the Geneva Motor Show. Our view is that its Kodo lines looks as good on the diminutive car's sheet metal as they did in photos.

The Hazumi was designed to appear to be bursting with energy, and it seems to deliver. While Mazda refuses to actually say that this is the concept for the next Mazda2, it makes it clear that the little hatchback is "foreshadowing Mazda's next-generation subcompact car." We can all read between the lines.

Hazumi also introduces the new Skyactiv-D 1.5-liter diesel engine but details about it are scant at the moment. The specs for the engine are still unannounced, but the company promises that it is both very efficient and has lots of torque for its size. Mazda is also promising that its Mazda Connect infotainment system will be available in the car too. Scroll down for the brief press release a brace of videos that celebrate the tiny concept's arrival.Continue reading Mazda Hazumi Concept previews next Mazda2 in Geneva [w/videos]
    Mazda Hazumi Concept previews next Mazda2 in Geneva [w/videos] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 04 Mar 2014 15:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

2. Default

I'd love to see a 2 door performance model of this, it has all the design cues that would lend itself to an awesome pocket rocket of a car.

Stick a spoiler on it, slightly more aggressive finish at the front (it's pretty good as it is) and some other awesome pieces, I'd almost consider purchasing... and a 1.5L engine with a turbo... I can only dream.