User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy from eastern Melbourne - well almost

Default New guy from eastern Melbourne - well almost

Hi All

My name is Ian and i am from the Knox area in Melbourne.

Just under 12 months ago i went out and bought a brand new SP25 and my wife bought a Mazda 2.

Recently her Mazda 2 was written off and to my suprise she turns to me and says "i really want your car, do you want to get that MPS thingy or the RX8 you were talking about"

So back to the dealer i go and have now ordered my brand new Gen II Luxury in Aluminium - only problem is i have to wait till about mid-end november for it to arrive.

Look forward to meeting some of you and getting out for a cruise.

Well that's great news for you. I hope your wife was ok, the mazda 2's a great little cars when it comes to crashes for such a small car hence why we are looking for a mazda 2 for my sister n law. Welcome to the forum mid november will pass quickly....

Hi Ian.....congrats! Great choice of colour and good to see another Vic Gen 2 ...... I'm sure you'll find it worth the wait

There are a few of us in and about your area and we catch up from time to time. Prob the next time (unless we have a mini-meet in-between) will be our run to the Heathcote drags on the 24th Oct.

Even though you're MPS-less at the moment, you can rev up the SP25 and come join us if you like.... we don't bite

Here's the link to some things we've got coming up: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...er-events.html

If you start getting withdrawal while waiting for your beastie, more than happy to take you for a spin in mine to ease the waiting pain (though it may just end up making it worse )

Cheers,

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

to ozmps
    hope everyone was alright after the crash in the 2, but gaining a MPS sounds like a good trade to me
    mazda really needs to lower their delivery time with these cars... it's pretty bad

just be careful the first time you plant the foot in the MPS, it's a bit of a power gap from the SP25...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome,

The wait will be worth it!!!!!

If you are free you should come to the drags (there are a coupe of us that will be just watching)

and if nothing else, you have potential to get a laugh as the new owner of the quickest MPS in aus sends it down the strip

Well done mate. Don't you love reverse psychology? Good work planting that seed ages ago. It's the best when it's their idea. Looking forward to hearing your first experience.

8. Default

Hi and welcome to OZMPSClub.com

Great choice in vehicle!!! I'd definitely see if you can get to Heathcote. It's about time I went to the drags to see something other than hotted up rear-wheelers or exhaust-less V8 commodores... ewwww

Hey Ian. My name's Jon, and I'm in Ringwood. Any questions, send me a PM.
    Welcome to the forum/club/family, and I hope to meet up with you on a cruise soon.
    Keep looking at the forum, as there's always something going on in the Eastern side of the bay...

10. Default

Welcome to the forum and what a nice wife you have kindly taking the SP25 off your hands so you can get your MPS baby

what colour is your SP25 ?

The Vic guys sound like a great bunch so Im sure you will get a lot socially and technically out of this place

Mid November will be here before you know it then your grin wont leave your face
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

thanks everyone for the welcome...

looking forward to meeting some of you on a cruise, i have been looking at the forum a bit lately for tips and reviews.

Blackbetty - the sp25 is a black luxury model.

Will let you know about coming to heathcote for the drags - all depends on what my roster for work looks like........

I am hoping that the car arrives early so i can come on the reefton run. Have spent the past years riding and racing motorbikes so i know and love the roads up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by IBOMPS View Post
    thanks everyone for the welcome...

looking forward to meeting some of you on a cruise, i have been looking at the forum a bit lately for tips and reviews.

Blackbetty - the sp25 is a black luxury model.

Will let you know about coming to heathcote for the drags - all depends on what my roster for work looks like........

I am hoping that the car arrives early so i can come on the reefton run. Have spent the past years riding and racing motorbikes so i know and love the roads up that way.
    I had to wait 2 months for mine but it's well worth it. I'm a new owner as well, just 6 days of driving so far.

Welcome ....everyone has been very friendly here with a wealth of great knowledge and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post

The Vic guys sound like a great bunch......

She must be talking about you Jon...... I'm a bastard
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Welcome Ian, there is heaps of Eastern Suburb or close to there guys on the forum .

Surely have a organsied meet up soon

Welcome Ian

great to see another Vic member

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Surely have a organsied meet up soon
    sounds like a plan...... well as soon as my car arrives!!!!

Ian. 14th of Oct (Today), carwash at Mitcham near the Tyre Factory at 8pm...

would love to but i am stuck at work untill 11 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    She must be talking about you Jon...... I'm a bastard
    Talking about me... hmmm... Dunno what gave her that impression...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

welcome Ian, so many easties, at least the VIC crew is growing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast