User Tag List

Thread: new bloke

Default new bloke

Hi people
    Had a 2006 3 mps for 3 years with many mods and just flew to Adelaide and picked up my new 2009 3 mps and drove it back to Darwin. Black with black wheels. 3 days old and 3000kms on the clock

Looks awesome what an awesome way to break your new beast in any more pics

welcome mate

4. Default

Welcome and what a fantastic way to break in your car. How was the drive run into any issues .. how about comfort

Nice upgrade...

How was the trip home....

No dealers in NT

Well glad you enjoy it....now time for some pics...

Have fun around the site.....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Welcome and what a fantastic way to break in your car. How was the drive run into any issues .. how about comfort
    The trip home was good. Only drove to Port Augusta on first day due to flying all night. Sat left pt augusta abt 0530 and 1200 km later at abt 1800 got to Alice springs. Left Alice Springs 0600 and 1500km later was home at 1800. The seats were good all the way, spent a lot of time in them, no aches or pains. Alice to Darwin average 128kph average fuel 8.7l/100km. The black wheels are off my old mps [same size wheels, tyres as new one] Purchased the car in Adelaide as only 1 mazda dealer in NT They were unable to tell me when they would get a new mps, didn't really seen interested. Dealer in adelaide was the complete opposite. all good so far. My old mps had a full 3" stainless exhaust chiptorque slotted rotors plus other bits, so now I have to start all over, Yessss

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase.... Pics or Ban

to the forum but I'm sorry to say your first free service is over due, you better go back

welcome. cant wait to see some more pics of your machine!!!!! looks good what i can see

ntbloke, great way to get accustomed to the new car

Look forward to seeing pics

Wink Another mps junky

Almost neighbour ,the new mps will be nicely run in .Done the same trip twice, originally from Adelaide lived in Darwin for 3 years , now that you know your way to Adelaide you need to go back in May 2010 for the World,s bigest MPS cruise ,details on the cruise forum .Enjoy OZMPSClub .Col

Welcome to your new family....

biggest kick in the teeth at 3k after 3 days... welcome!!!

Howdy ntbloke, congrats on your new purchase. Boy, I was upset doing 750kms in 2 weeks let alone 3000kms in 3 days! Will be a strange irony when you take your car to the NT dealer for it's 1000km service (by the way, you're over). Can't believe that they were so unhelpful. I had a great buying experience at City Mazda. Who did you end up buying from? Cheers, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post
    Howdy ntbloke, congrats on your new purchase. Boy, I was upset doing 750kms in 2 weeks let alone 3000kms in 3 days! Will be a strange irony when you take your car to the NT dealer for it's 1000km service (by the way, you're over). Can't believe that they were so unhelpful. I had a great buying experience at City Mazda. Who did you end up buying from? Cheers, Mike
    Got mine from Reynella Mazda,they paid for my old car to be sent to adelaide gave a good discount for cash. I sent the original wheels down on a palette and they put the oiginal wheels back on my old car and my black ones on my new car the new car wheels are at my brothers in adelaide. Things like getting the windows tinted in adelaide is abt $200 less than in darwin, they chage abt $1000 for freight, drove back for half that. The bloke to see there is Aaron tartoose. Having lived in darwin for abt 40 years i have done the trip there and back 15 times[twice in my old MPS] bit slow now we have a 130 kph speed limmit but better than 100 or 110 kph

Good old Darwin my inlaw is an engineer and works for North West Air,something like that, I'm sending the misses up with the new born in November for a week to Durack. I was going to drive one of their cars to Darwin a couple of weeks ago and for $1500 to freight it up we decided to freight it up by the time I drove it up with petrol and my time and flew back it wasn't going to save that much....

Thumbs down 130kph speed limit still sucks

I did 2 trips Darwin/Adelaide when there was no speed limit in NT. It sucks that just because a chinese dentist with too much money and no driving ability has stuffed it up for everybody else . Im sure if NT was still unlimited the mps cruise would definately be in Darwin or Alice Springs . The 2 cars i drove were a 202 XU-1 torana and a AX9 torana ,but i would give the left u know what to do the run in madaz ,although as i remember there was an art to passing freight trains at 160kph you waited for the last trailer to swing to the left and then you had to nail it so it didn,t collect the car on the way past Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    I did 2 trips Darwin/Adelaide when there was no speed limit in NT. It sucks that just because a chinese dentist with too much money and no driving ability has stuffed it up for everybody else . Im sure if NT was still unlimited the mps cruise would definately be in Darwin or Alice Springs . The 2 cars i drove were a 202 XU-1 torana and a AX9 torana ,but i would give the left u know what to do the run in madaz ,although as i remember there was an art to passing freight trains at 160kph you waited for the last trailer to swing to the left and then you had to nail it so it didn,t collect the car on the way past Col
    Roadtrains have come a long way and now track straight and the roads are good. I got my 2006 mps before the speed limmit thing to sit on an indicated 250kph for abt 5 mins.Back then poeple drove at a speed that was comfortable for them and their skills. Since they bought in the new speed limmit road deaths have risen markedly