User Tag List

Thread: Engine light on and shudder

Default Engine light on and shudder

Hey Everyone I have a Mazda 3 MPS (only had it 2 weeks) and it's started to have a miss (under load) and now the engine light has come on. Anyone have any idea's? I'm really freaking out as I've only just got it

First thing would be to find out the code...

Second, don't go WOT any more... Baby it...

Could be anything from impending engine failure to just a spark plug misfire...

Give us the DTC and vehical details.

Thanks as soon as the mis started it got babied home and shut down. Will be on a tow truck in the morning to the dealer. Thanks for the reply

It's a 2008 Mazda 3 MPS with 92000 kms I'm sorry but what is the DTC?

Diagnostic trouble code.

The dealer should be all over it.

Oh okay thanks. I really appreciate the reply. Hopefully it'll be something minor and fixed quick and easy

after this , if your car survives ( knock wood/ metal) buy a Cobb Access port either v2 or v3 , you can get the DTC in less then 10 seconds

good luck man

Hey Skeetskeet, oh man I hope it survives I've only had it 2 weeks!!! I'm looking into a COBB, would you have any suggestions (other than say ebay) on where to get one? Also a reliable Cork supplier?

Thanks

Edge autosport for the AP and corksport for corksport parts. You can find APs at a few aussy shops too, sometimes for good prices (I would avoid mpsgarage though) and sometimes for sale on here too.

Is this a dealer used car? If so, all dealer used cars come with a 3 month statutory warranty, so legally they should fix it.

join the mps torque page on FB , they have people selling and buying alot of stuff on there PM me i might be able to get you a AP

Hey Hicksy! Hope your car gets sorted soon, never good when it happens, let alone when you've had it for only 2 weeks!
    As others have said, edge autosport or RPM for most things, corksport for corksport obviously. I do however have a Corksport Stage 2 SRI coming up for sale in about a month if you can hold off? Haha.

Well all is well apparently had an 'old' code on cylinder no 3 code was cleared and all is well, thanks everyone for all the help, muchly appreciated. I think I'll be in the market for a v2 or v3 in the near future Thanks again

Thanks Korey (I hope that right) man I was looking at them last night !!! It'd be at least a month before I'd be looking anyway thanks

Yer they did thanks as soon as it happened I shut it down and on a tow straight back codes cleared and back to me