User Tag List

Thread: new dude

Default new dude

hi all

new to the forums just thought i would say Hi

i own a mazda 6 gg 03 sport lux looking to upgrade to a MPS 6!

Hi and welcome! What's your budget on the Mps 6, there is a nice one for sale in Melbourne ATM

im looking for a white or black , 3rd option grey under 150000 k's less then $ 15 k

I was honestly hoping to trade my 6 in at a dealer for another mps to make it a easy transaction but i dont think it will happen.. any one looking to buy a non turbo 6?

any one selling a 6 in any state .. hit me up

There are some good stock examples on carsales

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

yea i have seen those . i want leather and mp3 .. is the MP3 available after 2006 only?

i need to off load my current car asap so i can get in to the mps scene !

only hesitation is buying a car that will have none of the MPS 6 issues that i have read about in the forums...

Well there are no mps6's with USB or AUX input, however 2006 onwards will support mp3 encoding on cds. I got a 09/2007 mps6 (leather etc) with 135,000 for $15,000. Best deal i have ever got. You can get a similar deal too if you spend a few months looking.

i just want the mp3 decoder so i can burn mP3 cd's and play them so looking for 2006 +

8. Default

Yep 2006+

Most MPS s were brought with the leather/bose/sunroof pack so you won't be hard pressed to find those options.

MPS6's have come down in price. Little lately I picked up my 80,000k 06 for a little over $17,000 at the price they're at now they have to be one of the best value cars around.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can chime in but they may have fixed the dodgy seals in the turbo in the 07 model?

All the other problems like VVT and rear diff mounts are just one of those things that common across all of them though.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

yea i will probably have the car looked at by one of those nrma type inspections' , i had one done about 10 yrs ago on a gts4 r32 and the car was almost a write off . was going to cost to buy the car @ 10k and 10K in repairs according to that inspection company!

any way still waiting for my perfect mps and im looking to buy sooner rather then later

still looking for a white / black one in NSW 2006+

Forget the mp3 compatibility. You can get ipod or bluetooth integration into stock unit for about 200 Bucks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

in my current 6 i have some thing like this
    CD Changer USB SD AUX FOR Mazda 2 3 5 6 MX 5 RX 8 | eBay

works pretty well

BTW how come mps 6 ( not sure on 3 ) after market BOV cant vent to atmosphere?

bump, well not really...

just a question

the TMIC , how does it actually cool the air ? FMIC is facing the oncoming air from travel etc . TMIC is under the hood with engine temps etc...

There are vents on the front that channel air to the TMIC (which is covered in a shroud to force air through it)

Works well, but yea, heat inside then engine bay will always be a bit of an issue

so whats the point of upgrading TMIC ?

Better heat dissipation and improved cooling whilst under load.

Oh but fmic is not s good option?

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    Oh but fmic is not s good option?
    Fmic is always the better option, but many choose upgraded tmic for easy installation and to avoid coppers.

Rigteo makes sensee i used to hav a gt4 celica 1991 fmic was a bigggggg difference in powers

Also better core has less pressure drop, thicker core takes longer to heat soak.