User Tag List

Thread: New MPS6 Owner - Central Coast NSW

Default New MPS6 Owner - Central Coast NSW

Hey Gang,

I've been a member on this forum for a couple of months now and it has been a great resource for me while I source my vehicle. I'm happy to say that I finally went and picked up the new car on the weekend and love it! It is a 2006 MPS6, grey/silver (sorry, don't know the exact colour name) with 67,000 km's on the clock. It's completely stock standard apart from tinted windows. I plan to do a few little bits and pieces to it to increase performance moderately but nothing crazy as it is destined to be a family vehicle.

Previous to this car i've owned a 90' MZ20 Toyota Soarer, 05' Subaru Liberty GT Wagon and a 99' Mitsubishi Galant VR4. The MPS is a sign of me finally growing up a bit and getting something sensible that's still fun

I look forward to chatting to you on here, and hopefully at some of the NSW meets when I can get around to coming to one!

Dan
    Last edited by DannersAU; 14-05-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Spelt Subaru wrong... doh

Hey, welcome, congrats on the purchase! Pics?

Awesome choice man! Congrats and post pics of the beast!

Welcome, nice ride it will serve your needs well!

Hey mate! From sydney hope to see you at the nsw meets!

Welcome, my mate 17 years ago had a VR4 , they were quick I think u could adjust the suspension by pressing a button inside the car.think they were AWD turbo

Thanks for the welcome guys! I didn't bother with pics as my ride is a carbon copy of all the other stock grey MPS6's out there but since you seem interested I'll get some on the weekend. Planning on doing a little bit of a service (spark plugs, filters etc) and giving it a wash so it'll be nice and shiny

chef: Your mates may have been one of the older VR4's. Mine was a 99', 2.5L V6 twin turbo. The suspension wasn't electronically adjustable on these, but mine had rough as hell coilovers anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by DannersAU View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys! I didn't bother with pics as my ride is a carbon copy of all the other stock grey MPS6's out there but since you seem interested I'll get some on the weekend. Planning on doing a little bit of a service (spark plugs, filters etc) and giving it a wash so it'll be nice and shiny

chef: Your mates may have been one of the older VR4's. Mine was a 99', 2.5L V6 twin turbo. The suspension wasn't electronically adjustable on these, but mine had rough as hell coilovers anyway!
    How does it compare to the 6 mps?

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    How does it compare to the 6 mps?
    To be honest, my 6 seems to be suffering from some of the hesitation issues that numerous others have had on the forum. Last night I gapped and changed new spark plugs, cleaned the MAF, stretched the springs on the coil packs and changed the air filter, all done with the battery disconnected. No joy unfortunately

The car seems to hesitate at around 2000-3000rpm and I can't work out what it is. It feels okay up to those revs, then just feels flat, sometimes jerks a little bit and then goes once on boost. This happens when just cruising up through gears at about 3/4 throttle. Need to go for a ride in someone elses stock car to see if i'm imagining things, or if there is an issue.

So to answer your question, with this potential problem I don't think I can give a fair comparison. The VR4 was modified a little with a FMIC, turbo back exhaust, higher boost and a tune so it's not really fair either

The 6 is a much more COMFORTABLE car

Dan

PS If you have any magic fixes for the problem i've mentioned above, feel free to let me know!