User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all!

Default Hi all!

Hi everyone,

Stef is my name, I live in Sydney. Currently own an 07 Focus XR5... Just thought I would hop on here and say hello, keen to find out some info on the 3MPS's, contemplating getting rid of mine to get into one

Do it! if you wanna go for a spin in one and your local around Camden/Campbelltown let me know

Default Re: Hi all!

dare I ask why you're thinking of making the switch?
    Good bunch of people here, pretty helpful
    Enjoy the forums!

Don't contemplate! Do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    dare I ask why you're thinking of making the switch?
    Good bunch of people here, pretty helpful
    Enjoy the forums!

thanks guys

while i love the oomph of the xr5, it is gettin a bit on in the age... im keen to go with something a little different... id be going for the BK series though... drove a brand new BL about a couple of months ago and i was impressed, but little out of budget at the time... now im also trying to save for a house, so budget is lower again.... going to look at a couple on thursday is duggie on here?? blue BK with DUG74 on the plates??

haha, the famous dug... yeah, he's around here @duglet you got a secret admirer

haha duggies good value... hes on the xr5 forum also.... everyone lieks to stir him on there...

Hello

Hey Stef and welcome!

My 2 cents if you're looking for a hot hatch (seems to be the case) you can't really pass up near 400Nm and 190kW (from factory) and how ever wonderful it is to drive out the box...she's limited! Add some time effort and cash and what you're left with is a stunning example of a hot hatch...why?? Cause people don't know much about the MPS, it attracts little attention (factory setup) it's quality and style and class leading performance bang for buck (you'd need to go STI or EVO to get similar power which aren't as nice inside) obviously a little bias being on here but the more info you find about the MPS and the owners you typically see and meet on here, you'll tend to agree.

In any case, happy to have you here, enjoy

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

thanks rogwick. my focus is pretty punchy, i actually had a line up with one on thursday on a private test track, almost had him at the top of 2nd, then went to hit 3rd and skipped it, off goes MPS the styling of the BK is really grwoing on me, couple of mates have had them previously, and they did some minimal mods (intake mainly) and they said it was definitely a fun car, if anything the torque steer helped make them a better driver apparently! im keen to see how the ones im looking at do go

My housemate has an XR5, my MPS blows the doors off it but his does sound WAY nicer than my car.

The MPS has better seats and a much nicer interior, better traction thanks to a much smarter front diff. It's very similar to the Ford only it is a little bit more premium by nearly every way you can measure it. Hence the slightly higher price.

Get the MPS, get involved in our great community. Or don't get the MPS and get involved anyway, people don't really give a shit what you drive over here.
    Last edited by Reedy; 17-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.

I don't doubt your focus is very punchy but for me personally I like having torque (each to their own). With the MPS I can find I can have mates in the car and still accelerate up hills. I don't feel minor hills, don't even need to down shift. For me, one of the best things about the MPS is how much torque the 4 cylinder produces (for its time back in 06 when mine was manufactured) then Mazda decided to compliment that with 190kW, which is more power than old V8's and most current sporty 6 cylinders!

I've have mates with such vehicles as Ferrari 360, Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, Lexus IS-F who are surprised how hard the MPS is to shake around a track, one of the things I love about the car. Then with all that comes the fact that many people know nothing about them!
    -Is mine a 6 cylinder?
    -What make is it?
    -Is it FWD?
    -They're not turbo are they?
    -How much power?

If you are keen to move on from the Focus the best thing is to ask questions or perhaps take a MPS for a test drive. In the mean time feel free to post up some pics of your focus!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Get the MPS, get involved in our great community. Or don't get the MPS and get involved anyway, people don't really give a shit what you drive over here.
    +1 to This

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I don't doubt your focus is very punchy but for me personally I like having torque (each to their own). With the MPS I can find I can have mates in the car and still accelerate up hills. I don't feel minor hills, don't even need to down shift. For me, one of the best things about the MPS is how much torque the 4 cylinder produces (for its time back in 06 when mine was manufactured) then Mazda decided to compliment that with 190kW, which is more power than old V8's and most current sporty 6 cylinders!

I've have mates with such vehicles as Ferrari 360, Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, Lexus IS-F who are surprised how hard the MPS is to shake around a track, one of the things I love about the car. Then with all that comes the fact that many people know nothing about them!
    -Is mine a 6 cylinder?
    -What make is it?
    -Is it FWD?
    -They're not turbo are they?
    -How much power?

If you are keen to move on from the Focus the best thing is to ask questions or perhaps take a MPS for a test drive. In the mean time feel free to post up some pics of your focus!

+1 to This

rogwick, its funny you mention C63, i had a run with one tonight, just a mate in my car. i had him off the line, top of second just as i changed to third, he flies past me... i wasnt expecting to beat him, i just wanted to see who would get to speed limit faster...

ive stunned some people in my car, xr6 turbo's (stock mind you) 5l commodores etc... no idea some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    My housemate has an XR5, my MPS blows the doors off it but his does sound WAY nicer than my car.

The MPS has better seats and a much nicer interior, better traction thanks to a much smarter front diff. It's very similar to the Ford only it is a little bit more premium by nearly every way you can measure it. Hence the slightly higher price.

thanks Reedy! ps what colour is your mates one?

His is dark grey/charcoal. Whatever that colour is called.

ah yeah sea grey

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    rogwick, its funny you mention C63, i had a run with one tonight, just a mate in my car. i had him off the line, top of second just as i changed to third, he flies past me... i wasnt expecting to beat him, i just wanted to see who would get to speed limit faster...

ive stunned some people in my car, xr6 turbo's (stock mind you) 5l commodores etc... no idea some people!
    They sound wicked the C63! My mates one back fires with stock exhaust. Apparently they're in the 4 second region 0-100kmph (so you're doing well!) but I honestly don't know how they would get traction? Never been lined up against one from a stand still. The MPS 6 doesn't usually have a problem with many cars and some 250cc bikes off the line with a good launch but I would imagine the C63 would also fly past! The owner of the C63 that drives with us asked what turbo and what cooler I was running as he was going sideways to catch me. At the time both were stock. The responsiveness at high RPM was explosive, add an AWD system to get power on earlier out of a bend and even I was surprised to learn I was in between a Ferrari and AMG sandwich but the impressive part....not holding them up at all

..Still waiting on those pics

Also, question...? Have you driven the focus RS?

M P S

i have driven a focus RS yes. let me put it this way for you. if i could afford it as a weekender, id own one. my mate has a modded one with the Mountune MR375 kit fitted. thing makes about 250kw at the hubs on tunehouse's dyno. thing pulls so hard, i love it!

Ill put up a thread in the members section soon

I was chatting to a owner who had a little bit of work done on his. Probably one of the quicker hot hatches I've seen out there. The green looked kind of cool but not sure I was sold on it. Apparently the front diff/suspension etc is a completely different setup to the focus XR5 or so the owner was saying. I asked if it was ridiculous power to handle, he seemed to think not and little torque steer. Quick car nevertheless

yeah the RS has the revoknuckle, which helps ot minimise torque steer (ford says eliminates but i dont think you can completely eliminate it) as well as the quaife lsd... any chance you recall the plates on the car? or what area? i know most of the RS owners in sydney lol...

also, my build thread

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post231685

Default Hi all!

Question will be will the next gen MPS get the revo knuckle.

Supposed to be the night and day difference in handling and power delivery.

That's one FoMoCo part I'd be happy to have in mine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast