CorkSport

User Tag List

Thread: new 06 mps owner in VIC

ongkid is offline New Member

Default new 06 mps owner in VIC

Hey guys !
    My name is David and I just bought a second hand 06 mazda 3 mps in cosmic blue with 100k on it !
    Was thinking of a couple easy, not too heavy mods (so that it wont void my dealer warranty).
    1. BOV - was looking at the the turbosmart dual port but its a bit hefty at 400 bucks !
    2. Rear engine mount - i heard this help improves the smoothness of the gear changing and so on !
    if you guys know of what brand or where to get them cheap, it will be much appreciated
    i am located in VICTORIA on the westside !
    thanks for your help guys !

raffa is offline all round good bloke

well hello there mr ong

240MPS is offline I Have The Need For Speed

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay and let me tell you now it won't stop at a couple of mods David, I wish you luck holding back.

rogwick is offline How may I service you...

Hello David and welcome!

I did have a Turbosmart BOV and I think I payed around $400 for mine. I had a problem with it a while ago and now back to stock BPV and happy. Perhaps invest that cash toward an intake, more benefit that a BOV and you still get a nice swirl intake noise. Alternatively check out the for sale thread here. Someone might be able to help you out on a used BOV should you still want one

Engine mount, I would consider the sure motorsport REM. While you're there check out their intakes and other products. Yes it should improve the feel of shifts and add a little more stability to motor flex. Mazda mounts aren't too flash from what I've seen and just yesterday I had the mount replaced on my girlfriends 323 SP20 as the rubber internals were ripped apart.

Hope that helps and enjoy the forum

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Jmac is offline Admin & Team JFat

Come along to the monthly meet for a chat and some advice

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fats is offline Team JFat

Hello and welcome to the forum