User Tag List

Thread: GT Wheels from a 2009 Mazda RX8 GT - Gunmetal grey, 19"

1. Default GT Wheels from a 2009 Mazda RX8 GT - Gunmetal grey, 19"

Item: RX8 GT Wheels from a 2009 Mazda RX8 GT - Gunmetal grey, 19"
    Item Condition: Used, gutter scratches on two rims (please see photos), and minor mark on wheel 3, wheel 4 perfect (as new)
    Reason for selling: Wife sold her RX8, the new buyer didn't want the set of original rims
    Price and price conditions: $1000 firm, pick up only sorry! (originally $1700 OBO, took off 300 which should cover repair of gutter rash for buyer + 400 because they are taking up space)
    Extra Info: These rims were a spare set for my wife's RX8 GT which was recently sold. They have been in storage for 2+ years. Two rims have rubber (Bridgestone, profile to suit RX8), rubber is legal but the price is based on rims alone (rubber is free!). If you have any other questions please ask.

Photos:
    Wheel 1 - Gutter rash around outside of rim
    IMG_4053.jpgIMG_4056.jpgIMG_4057.jpgIMG_4058.jpg

Wheel 2 - Gutter rash quarter rim + mark on face
    IMG_4059.jpgIMG_4060.jpgIMG_4062.jpg

Wheel 3 - Minor mark near valve stem
    IMG_4064.jpgIMG_4065.jpg

Wheel 4 - Perfect condition (as new)
    I've run out of attachments.. but can PM or upload image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brap; 06-02-2016 at 07:26 PM.

2. Default

Wheel 4 - Perfect condition, and rubber depth on wheel 3 and 4
    IMG_4068.jpgIMG_4066.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BUYERS BEWARE:
    Be very careful buying these alloys from a member with only 2 posts!

Is this you 'CharlieDay / XRcrazy' or aka Will??
    Also, $300 won't cover much of a repair job!

MODS: This member doesn't meet the 'required 25 post threshold'.

Sorry if you are 100% legit here Brap, but members have been burnt from the exact same situation, with the exact same alloys for sale on this forum before.
    Last edited by MUZZA; 29-01-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Is this just because his wheels are cheaper than yours @MUZZA?
    I kidd! Thanks or posting the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Is this just because his wheels are cheaper than yours @MUZZA?
    I kidd! Thanks or posting the warning.

Haha, not at all. If this was a 100% legit listing, they would know the actual worth of those wheels.
    To be fair though, they aren't in the same ballgame as far as condition as the set Im selling.

Im surprised this person isn't trying to sell on gumtree or ebay aswel. Maybe there's a good reason.
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

6. Default

Muzza,

You have made some serious assumptions about me considering you have only read my two posts here, so to clarify for people interested in buying:

1. I know exactly what these wheels are worth, I was in the market for them before I ended up buying the GT. I have seen multiple sets sell on the RX8 club site for ~2500 with rubber in pristine condition. I based the pricing on the fact that they will need minor repair which I dont have time to organise and I have no use for the rims anymore (they were a spare set for a car that is now sold). Additional to this, I asked other members in the live chat what a fair price would be considering condition, and ~1700 was the answer (check the chat log)

2. My post count is so low because I don't own an MPS and I have never owned an MPS. The reason I chose this forum is because I was often in bidding wars with MPS owners when chasing GT rims and MPS owners have offered me money for these rims when they were on the RX8.

3. I paid a donation to get access to the for sale section which is within the forum rules and I personally verified with the admin that my post met all requirements for posting.

4. I am only offering local pickup. I expect no payment in advance and I want to ensure that whoever buys them is happy with them before purchasing. I encourage any ACT member that doubts this to pm me and we can organise validation of my legitimacy.

5. The photos are of the actual items in great detail. I don't believe in hiding details from buyers. I personally believe these rims look better in the metal, but I have detailed every mark in minute detail to ensure the ad doesn't mislead.

6. I have been building/buying/selling cars and parts for a long time, and have had multiple wheels repaired. Eg. I had Simmons completely rebuilt, resealed and rebolted for $200 a corner, so I considered $300 for gutter grazes fair. If for whatever reason the buyer doesn't think this is fair they are welcome to negotiate on price which is why I have posted OBO.
    Last edited by brap; 30-01-2015 at 09:52 AM.

No worries Brap. My apologies if I was wrong.

But as Ive said, members have been stung by this one bad egg on this forum selling GT wheels which weren't as described. Interestingly that one bad egg had managed to come across a few sets of GT wheels and all were damaged. When most of us all wait years for a set to pop up on the market.

Im not sure I agree the gutter rash is minor repair.
    To colourmatch correctly the metallic graphite is a nightmare and would require a total respray of each damaged alloy, which Im not sure who would do for $100 each and what sort of job would be done for that money.

Again, my apologies if I am wrong, but just wanted to throw a warning out there for others.

All the best and good luck with the sale.
    Muz
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

8. Default

To clear this up, I have called wheel repair place today and they quoted to repair the two rims that need repair (grazes) and powder coat all four wheels is ~$450-500.

This price includes powder coating all the wheels if for whatever reason they can't match colour (will be far less if you just repair/paint the two).

Only two rims need 'repair' the mark near the valve stem on wheel three is minor which still makes my initial estimate of $300 accurate/correct for fixing the grazes on 2 wheels.

I am still selling these wheels as is, so if the buyer chooses to powder coat them they can change the colour to whatever they like. I concede these wheels currently "aren't in the same ballgame" as Muzza's (his words), but even if the repair of the gutter rash costs you $3000 total, they will still be $100 cheaper than MUZZA's wheels.
    Last edited by brap; 31-01-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Somebody snap these up.

If they were for sale in Vic I would consider it!!

There is no reason to think this post is or isnt legitimate.
    As with all online purchases, buyer beware.
    Pay via Paypal or cash on delivery.

12. Default

Hey guys,

I signed up to this site to get in contact with the seller (I normally reside over at Rx8club.com.au), and just thought Id say that this add is legit. Met with Sam tonight, nice guy, wheels as described. If only they fitted over my callipers they would be mine now!

Cheers,

Scott

13. Default

As Scott has mentioned, unfortunately his aftermarket RX8 callipers fouled by about 5mm.

Have had a fair bit of interstate interest, but still not willing to ship sorry. While people are looking at the thread again it might be a good time to price drop.

$1250.

are these still available?.

15. Default

Cleaning out the shed I realised I still had these stacked in the corner.. so epic grave dig/bump.

Price drop to $1000 too.

16. Default

these are exactly what i'm looking for. shame you cant post out to VIC else i'd snap them up.