User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catless DP coming from the US

Sean from S&J called me before, DP is in finally lol (was S&J's first)

Sean also said they were going install a 100 cell cat, and he gave me the choice if I wanted a resonator installed.... I decided not to, was that the right choice? I can always put it in later I guess?

Well I just got home from S&J (really wet weather ) Sean and the guys have done a fantastic job

I have owned my 6 for almost 3 years and this has been on my wish list for almost as long!

Well I wont chat about yet I'll just get on to the results, DP with 100 cell cat bought me 18kws safely and about 8% more torque. I'm now in the 190's and the car feels amazing!!!

Big thank you to Sean and the guys, as everybody knows the DP isn't the easiest to do and the boys there persisted (first time they have done a 6MPS DP) and got it all done and retuned in one day, very professional

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great results! how much torque did you make? how much boost is it running? what other mods?

Sorry for all the questions

No probs

Mods are:

Cat less DP
    100 Cell HI flow Cat (installed on centre section)
    CPe CAI (CPe filter inc pre filter)
    3 inch TBE with custom Y split (splits either side before the rear diff)
    ECUTEK tune

I also had the CPe mount installed today (love the tight feeling)

Torque = 822.9 @ 80KPH
    Power = 191KW @ 102KPH
    Motive Force = 7515N @ 80KPH

5. Default

that it a good result mate Gratzzz la
    i think it time for me to get the DP

6. Default

where did you get the dump pipe?
    Do you have any pics?

I bought the DP about four months ago from here 06 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Turbo 3" Down Pipe Downpipe | eBay

Sean from S&J said the DP was very well made and fitted perfectly, it does come with a very cheap gasket that he wouldn't use. He was able to reuse the old gasket (new one was $200 from Mazda) Take in to account you will want to put in a cat most probably.

DP cost me $280 delivered, cat $175 (100 Cell)

Hmmm, 3rd gear... I think your numbers are inflated but in terms of gains etc, it's an alright indication, not sure if there is restrictions on 3rd like 1 and 2

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    I bought the DP about four months ago from here 06 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Turbo 3" Down Pipe Downpipe | eBay

Sean from S&J said the DP was very well made and fitted perfectly, it does come with a very cheap gasket that he wouldn't use. He was able to reuse the old gasket (new one was $200 from Mazda) Take in to account you will want to put in a cat most probably.

DP cost me $280 delivered, cat $175 (100 Cell)

I'm about to buy one as well
    Can i ask how much it cost $$$ for the install of the DP

Those prices and numbers are great.
    Betcha can't wipe the smile from your face.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Hmmm, 3rd gear... I think your numbers are inflated but in terms of gains etc, it's an alright indication, not sure if there is restrictions on 3rd like 1 and 2
    Yeah i still think 3rd gear is a bit strange but we already discused that last time if i remember correctly. The tuner seemed to think it didn't make much difference and using 4th was just putting unnecessary load on the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by evil1 View Post
    I'm about to buy one as well
    Can i ask how much it cost $$$ for the install of the DP
    $775 to install the DP, but I would only do it if you are going to get a ECUTEK tune as well. Are you in Adelaide?

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Yeah i still think 3rd gear is a bit strange but we already discused that last time if i remember correctly. The tuner seemed to think it didn't make much difference and using 4th was just putting unnecessary load on the engine.
    Thats what I was just about to say

The reason for the dyno in the 1:1 gear ratio is due to the Dynojet. Dynojet mathematically creates a horsepower number based on mass (which is the known weight of the rollers) and accleration (how fast the car is accelerating the known weight).

F=ma

From force (F), we can calculate horsepower.

Dyno the car in 2nd gear, and acceleration (a) goes way up, causing force (F) to go way up.

So by dynoing the car in the gear closest to the 1:1 gear ratio, we eliminate any acceleration advantage or disadvantage caused by the transmission, which gives us unskewed whp numbers (even though Dynojet has a fudge factor in there which makes them skewed anyways and read high).

As for other dynos out there (i.e. Mustang and Dyno Dynamics) - they use a load cell to measure roll force (the amount of force the tire is placing on the roller). Based on roll force and the radius arm going to the load cell, we get roll torque. Based on roll torque and roll speed, we can get vehicle horsepower. Vehicle horsepower and vehicle RPM gives vehicle torque. It doesn't matter what gear you run in on load cell style dynos as they are measuring force, not acceleration. Force does not change from gear to gear.
    Taken from Nasioc.com
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I drove it for the first time tonight on dry roads after work (longest day ever!!! lol)

WOW this is never going to get old, it just spools up so quick and zoom you are gone! The sound now is not a lot louder than the cat back but is so grunty and tough sounding now

thats a cheap dp. i was going to get it for my mps but the problem with those is that the pipes are made of really thin stailess resulting in cracks after a few months of regular temp changes in the metal. Nothing is a bargain esp in the automotive ind. But I would love to see you prove that theory wrong, and regardless you have great figures there. dyno should have been measured in 4th gear though I must say. Rule of thumb for any 6 speed car.
    ps- all the local exhaust shops here in melb charge around the $300-400 mark, $700 plus is extreme me thinks!!??
    Last edited by PremHK; 07-07-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    thats a cheap dp. i was going to get it for my mps but the problem with those is that the pipes are made of really thin stailess resulting in cracks after a few months of regular temp changes in the metal. Nothing is a bargain esp in the automotive ind. But I would love to see you prove that theory wrong, and regardless you have great figures there. dyno should have been measured in 4th gear though I must say. Rule of thumb for any 6 speed car.
    ps- all the local exhaust shops here in melb charge around the $300-400 mark, $700 plus is extreme me thinks!!??
    Possibly the $775 includes dyno time and re-tuning the car to the new DP?

Good result Mark, looks like once again I will be trailing you down Panalatinga Rd whenever the next cruise is lol.
    Might catch up with you Sat, got myself a rear swaybar to pick up from Autobarn.....
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

17. Default

[QUOTE=MZSPD6;179295]$775 to install the DP, but I would only do it if you are going to get a ECUTEK tune as well. Are you in Adelaide?[COLOR="Silver"]

I wish!!!
    i dont think we have an ECUTEK tuner here in Sand-groper

All I can say is S&J are not a usual exhaust shop, they are an icon here in Adelaide know for there great service and fast rex's & evo's, Fully6mps can vouch for that.
    $775 is not cheap and that price only includes installing the DP retune is extra....

I know they spent about an hour taking out the O2 sensor and threading it to reuse, a local garage at 300-400 would IMO not take the care and time to not break the sensor and be able to reuse it.

Im sure Sean would be negotiable if you were getting a first tune at the same time.

19. Default

Pics of the dump please? Interested to see how they welded the 100 cell cat onto your ebay pipe.

As soon as I have a day off I will take some photos, I can say the 100 cell cat is in the straight pipe between the end of the DP and the Y split at the rear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast