User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust - The best on the market?

Default Exhaust - The best on the market?

For more information click here Akrapovic Products

Wasn't sure on the thread title but that will do for the moment. I'm just browsing exhaust systems for my motorcycle and accidentally came across the information below

Can I point out that the products mentioned ARE NOT aimed at MPS owners sorry, but interesting nevertheless. Calling on Audi, BMW, VW, Nissan and a few other owners on this one, but any or all opinions wanted as well as this thread branching out to the BEST system for the MPS what is the high end stuff side of exhaust available and how much power (+) and weight (-) can you expect from the top shelf stuff?

10 reasons why to go Akrapovic Exhaust

1. Only the best materials are used
    2. Use of high technology in a state-of-the-art factory
    3. In-house development and manufacturing – designed and created in the factory
    4. In-house development
    5. Involvement in racing
    6. A wealth of experience
    7. Innovation in design
    8. Meeting the most stringent environmental demands
    9. Attention to detail
    10. Technology in combination with passion

BMW M3 - Akrapovic Exhaust

Nissan R35 GTR - Akrapovic Exhaust

Porsche 911 GT3/RS with Akrapovic exhaust

Golf GTi - Akrapovic Exhaust

Other clips of interest

Porsche Panamera Turbo with Akrapovic exhaust

BMW on DYNO
    Last edited by rogwick; 24-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Mmmmm, titanium exhausts. If you have to ask how much they are, you can't afford them though

As for those vids, noise-wise I'm torn between the M3 (first vid) and the GT3/RS

Incredible sound

GTI's shouldnt sound that good

They're pretty good hey! Some decent stuff and it seems quite popular especially over in Europe. GTI's sound pretty good stock anyway compared to the MPS. I'm thinking to maybe get carbon Akro for the CBR-RR. The BMW sounds stunning!!

The thing I love about these is they look stock. And they sound how a sports car should from factory. Not like a big milo tin on the back but a specific note that has such an amazing appeal, for me anyway! How awesome do the exit tips look on the Mini?!

I better put this up before all the ozMPSclub Ferrari owners complain there was no clips for them to get an idea for their ride

This actually sounds better than the BMW above Dan...I didn't think I could beat a car for sound until I found this

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

The Carbon Fibre Akro system I had on the Zed was excellent. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    The thing I love about these is they look stock. And they sound how a sports car should from factory. Not like a big milo tin on the back but a specific note that has such an amazing appeal, for me anyway! How awesome do the exit tips look on the Mini?!

I better put this up before all the ozMPSclub Ferrari owners complain there was no clips for them to get an idea for their ride

This actually sounds better than the BMW above Dan...I didn't think I could beat a car for sound until I found this

It's hard to believe the Audi and the Ferrari are both V8s. Such a different noise from both of them. Yet equally evocative.

Nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

i dont like how much noise the ferrari made at (effectively) idle... but that's just me other than that,
    the audi sounded like it was getting cut short ~1000rpm to soon...

Tunehouse is an Akrapovic distributer.

10. Default

Holy. Crap.

Audi S5 + Akrapovic = WOW.

Agreed, the Audi S5 almost made me have a serious undie accident.

No car should be able to make a sound that awesome.

Not even a DBS ?

13. Default

Maserati Granturismo S. Now that's how an exhaust should sound.

YouTube - 2009 Maserati GranTurismo S

But yeah, nice work Akrapovic

Although you wouldn't really see it, but this would look sweet on the MPS if my exit pipe extended just a touch. Paint the Chrome tips black and have the exit pipe as such

M P S

Although you wouldn't really see it, but this would look sweet on the MPS if my exit pipe extended just a touch. Paint the Chrome tips black and have the exit pipe as such

OMG ROGWICK. YES that would look ffffffffffing sweeet.. I should try get Cypher Industries to make me up one like that. It would actually look so good. You just gave me the biggest idea ever .
    btw have a look at Meisterschaft exhausts: meisterschaft exhaust - YouTube

Way to copy me!! hahaha! I also got thinking of a TMIC (cause you won't see this on a FMIC) painted black with an "MPS" print across it. Might look alright.

FMIC look so much better though :P

Way to copy me!! hahaha! I also got thinking of a TMIC (cause you won't see this on a FMIC) painted black with an "MPS" print across it. Might look alright.

If you do that with a FMIC i will come to WA and slap you, i shot gunned the black fmic with mps in red on it 3 months ago at a monthly mps meet lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Well my idea was to keep the FMIC chrome and have MPS across it in black or red like the HDi FMIC's :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If you do that with a FMIC i will come to WA and slap you, i shot gunned the black fmic with mps in red on it 3 months ago at a monthly mps meet lol
    Have you done it?

Edit...it would be so worth the slap anyway!!!

M P S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast