User Tag List

Thread: Corksport SRi

Default Corksport SRi

Hi Guys,

I have just bought this:
    http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ke-system.html
    I have heard stories of the engine light coming on once a CAI is installed. I assume that because this SRI has a MAF housing, i shouldnt have any problems with it.

Any advise would be sound

Chris

I like that it replaces both intake and TIP at once

i run one of these its good... i also got the air box it makes it a bit more quiet ( which i like, at cruz u cant here it)

You should be ok.
    I have had the CES SRI, and now running the mazdaspeed cai. They both have maf housings and none of them have thrown any cells.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 6mps View Post
    You should be ok.
    I have had the CES SRI, and now running the mazdaspeed cai. They both have maf housings and none of them have thrown any cells.
    Enjoy!
    ...due you speak from GENII experience?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

For the life of me I cannot understand why people are SO keen to pick up hot engine air via SRI's and pump that HOT air into a turbo'ed engine that we all know produces more power when it is fed air that is as COLD as possible.

Seems counterproductive to me..... and then, to make matters worse, these unenclosed SRI's make you a real possibility of having your car defected.

Shakes head in amazement.......

Leon

Leon I have a SRI and also have a DashHawk that monitors IATs and believe me it is not as bad as you think, the only time I have IATs going high is when I get stuck on a traffic jam or something (even worse when is a hot summer day) but then again when you are dealing through traffic you dont you need to make more power, you just need to get going so that the IATs cold down.

Troy hooked a dashhawk up to my car as we were running around, and with the air box on, it was pulling in air 4-5 deg above ambient temps (obviously this is whilst on the move)

Sri's are also substantially easier to install and service

Quote Originally Posted by 6mps View Post
    You should be ok.
    Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    ...due you speak from GENII experience?
    He has a Mazda 6 MPS by looking at his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why people are SO keen to pick up hot engine air via SRI's and pump that HOT air into a turbo'ed engine that we all know produces more power when it is fed air that is as COLD as possible.

Seems counterproductive to me..... and then, to make matters worse, these unenclosed SRI's make you a real possibility of having your car defected.

Leon
    When I fit/sell an SRI, I usually supply an airbox (if wanted)
    On the 3 MPS Gen 1 and 6 MPS, they draw cold air from the a better place than the factory airbox.
    On the Gen 2, I use the factory cold air pickup from behind the radiator.

Note: If you look at the factory airfeed from the standard airbox, it too draws air from inside the engine bay.

Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Still working after 120km.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post

Leon
    It picks up air from the same if not a better spot as the stock airbox anyway, and more air is more power.

Your point would make sense if this mod reduced power output, but it doesn't, it adds another 10+kw at the wheels. Significant for such a simple mod.