User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loudest Intake??

If you want loud, get a metal intake from the air filter to the turbo. BPV has nothing to do with how loud the intake sound is. The intake can make the BPV louder if it is metal

Thanks Guys, will look at that
    is there ones pre made? or do i goto a zorst shop to get one

My SRI makes the intake noise louder and also makes the BOV louder too.

It's a 2XS/CES one made from metal.

What model do you have? 6 or 3 MPS, Gen 1 or 2?

burzurk... heres a video of the sound,,, well audio since i have no idea why the picture didnt come out..sucks oh well.... I have the CPE cold air intake mated with the COBB turbo inlet pipe and GFB hybrid bov running at full recirc. This is with all windows wound up.

My car sounds very similar to yours. Spool noise sounds a little bit different but easily as loud as that. The factory BPV makes a similar sound after installing the metal turbo inlet. Prior to this it made a PSHHHHHHHHH noise.

CPE Xcel Nano SRI. Protege garage turbo inlet. Factory BPV

man that sound the factory bpv makes with the metal intake would annoy the hell out of me. prefer the pssh muffled sound, call me picky but that just sounds too abrupt lol.

the bov sound in the sound clip i posted does vary on how much throttle i give...on short quick shifts its sounds like wat it does in the clip... but just driving normally its like pshhh but with a slight flutter as well from the CAI.... well i think its from that lol.
    Ive had people that have been 2 cars behind me try catch up and have told me they can hear the turbo spool up from back where they were so i gues its pretty loud from outside as well

ah that explains its, didnt realise it was quick shifts cause of the video with no video :P

As stated, noise is more of a pshhh noise at high revs. Depends on amount of throttle.

How do the 2xs ones go? theres one FS in the forums here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12