User Tag List

Thread: Purchased new K&N SRI for 2010 MPS3

Default Purchased new K&N SRI for 2010 MPS3

I've just purchased a K&N 69-6012TS SRI for my MPS3.

It's coming from the US and I paid around $390AUD for it.

The dyno result on the website reports a 24.22hp and 34.45nm increase over the stock system. While slightly sceptical of this result, I have fitted a k&n SRI to my XR4 with good results.

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 2.3L Air Intake System Releases 24 Extra Horsepower

I'd be interested to hear people's experience with noise and performance differences if they have a similar kit installed.
    2005 MPS 6 - JBR sri, Corksport TMIC, muffler delete, AP v3

2007 XR4 - MTX-75 Gearbox conversion, 60mm TB, Powertec SRI, Underdrive pulley, Milltek 4-1, Milltek cat-back, Milltek sports cat, Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 dampers,

2. Default

Hi, yes I have had 1 on my car 4 about 4 months now,VERY GOOD power increase 4 the money.
    You will feel the differences in the power 100%.
    You can hear the turbo spool up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010290.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	5585
    I have made a airbox 4 it .

Gee, good air box!! Looks baller.

Wonder how this compares to the CPE Nano SRI... Still deciding between the two hmmm

I have installed a CPE Nano & have had it for about 2 months.

Can't fault it and it fits like a dream. Sounds good, though don't know about power increase.... Might have got used to the mod by now

Should look @ Revolution Performance...........Had the nano sent with an extra filter for just under $290.00.............. Should be cheaper with the $AU being around 95US cents.

Check it out

I see, i reckon they should be about the same?? I mean after all they are both SRI tho it does seem like the CPE one is better engineered? In terms of design and look wise... However, the K&N is famous for their intake kits hmmm

Is there any sites or nething for Revolution Performance? MPS garage is pretty expensive, almost more than the K&N for just the SRI...

Looks like it's pretty easy to install, it left the states on Friday 3-5 business day post. Should be able to put it on this weekend

Hi I've got the K&N SRI on my 3 MPS, Its awesome, When I put mine on I also put on a PG Turbo Inlet Pipe(Purchased from Tim at MZR Performance, DISIMS3 on here) since I was going to be working on the intake I figured it would be best to get rid of the restrictive factory TIP at the same time,and for only $160 it was a no brainer to me, the combination is great, everything fits like factory and there is a noticeable power increase & the sound is amazing now I know I am driving a Turbo car.

I know what you mean. I fitted the kit this morning, the BOV noise was unexpected but it's pretty cool, as-well as the sound from spool-up.
    I might have to get onto this inlet pipe too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3547.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	5721

So how good do these sound?