User Tag List

Thread: CES-SRI with heatshiled

Default CES-SRI with heatshiled

After spending 20mins installing and being the first mod I've done,definitely been a great investment. Happy to have spent the extra bucks for the time and effort put into developing this especially with the heat shield as this is what I was after.
    First run after installing was just awesome, induction sound exellent and noticeable gain in perfromance. Can't wait to get a dyno run in the next few weeks before next mods...

The parts....SRI, heatshield, mounting bracket, K&N filter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 020.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	4861

Installed.....lid off

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 031.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	4859

Lid on......

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 034.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	4858
    Last edited by steinez; 27-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Nice work Trent .. Be good for the nite criuse when we go

Looks just like mine - Deffo worth the investment!

Defiantely will be my first Mod.....

Looks like a Tidy (stock-like) install. Well done! From a maintenance point, looks to be easy access!

Quote Originally Posted by steinez View Post
    After spending 20mins installing and being the first mod I've done,definitely been a great investment. Happy to have spent the extra bucks for the time and effort put into developing this especially with the heat shield as this is what I was after.
    First run after installing was just awesome, induction sound exellent and noticeable gain in perfromance. Can't wait to get a dyno run in the next few weeks before next mods...

The parts....SRI, heatshield, mounting bracket, K&N filter

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 020.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	4861

Installed.....lid off

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 031.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	4859

Lid on......

Name:	3MPS CES-SRI 034.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	4858
    Did you fabricate the heat shield? As Dan says it looks alot like his (did Troy make it?)

Very tidy. Would you make me one?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Did you fabricate the heat shield? As Dan says it looks alot like his (did Troy make it?)

Very tidy. Would you make me one?
    Hey brad....heat shield was already fabricated by CES tho pretty sure Troy did all the initial design work/ fabrication (awesome job i must say) and now they are making them as an option with the SRI.

I think I need to get a full enclosed heatshield like that... Looks like it would keep off alot of dirt and stuff, which is why I would want one...

I am happy with my CES intake and heatsheild, however I did notice that the top plate has been heat affected. Troy has seen it and is a little puzzled as it was high temp coated. Not sure if it was a 6MPS quirk or not.

I'll be interested to see if it happens to yours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    I am happy with my CES intake and heatsheild, however I did notice that the top plate has been heat affected. Troy has seen it and is a little puzzled as it was high temp coated. Not sure if it was a 6MPS quirk or not.

Cheers for the heads up, will keep an eye on it and see what happens..

Looks very familiar I was involved, somehow, somewhere, I don't remember too much though..........*ponders going back*

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post

I'm yet to see it happen to any other car, yet...........

Or check this out.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...l-product.html
    Last edited by 2XS; 27-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Woah that looks awsome! The heatshield looked just like Dans, how do i get hold of one?? How much would the heatshield cost?? Roughly :S

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Woah that looks awsome! The heatshield looked just like Dans, how do i get hold of one?? How much would the heatshield cost?? Roughly :S
    Contact CES at Meadowbrook

More info & my SRI here --> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...html#post72253
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 30-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Definelty give CES a call
    CES were great to deal with and were happy to answer any questions relating to installation and offered post install support as I did my own.
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs