User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking at Idle

Blog Entries

Just had service with 10w40- will monitor if that resolved the smoking at idle issue- my fingers are crossed!

2. Default Cx7

Can my cx7 join in, PLEEEEEEASE.

I was following a real estate around last week to look at rentals to live in while we build. I was waiting in the car and on idol I could see clouds of smoke blowing past. A day later I got my wife to drive it in front of me and she gave the throttle a big push and as soon as it down geared a massive puff of smoke came out. Just like some of you guys have said it is strange and very on and off sometimes its there and sometimes its gone. I took it to mazda and they took it for 15 minutes and came back with "we would like to book it in asap to fit a new turbo" So on friday she goes in.
    The one thing I want to know is will it be an identical turbo??? It has only done 34,000ks so will I only get 34,000 out of the next one??
    2007 Aurora Blue Mazda Cx7 ,on 20's, Pedders lowered springs, high flow cat and muffler, FMIC, CPE cai, TurboXS bov, 2 x Kid seats.

3. Default

hmmm happens to u guys too huh ... they should replace it with the most recent model one whatever that is ... not sure about the k's you will get out of it ... apparently the earlier turbos were troublesome so when the seals go they replace it with the newest they have

4. Default

I guess thats good to know. I would love to do a "Forced Upgrade" but I cant afford the support mods atm

I want a new turbo

I have 90K on mine

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Can I have a new turbo too??

Well the new turbo seems to be an improvement. There's no more asthmatic power drop at 5500rpm when you have the boot in, it pulls through to about 6200rpm and the butt dyno registers more grunt. I'm not sure if that was just because the old turbo and O2 sensor were stuffed or this one gives more power, it sure feels like more power.

how do i get a new turbo? just complain to Mazda?

Pretty sure your VIN has to be within a certain range and display the symptoms (smoking etc). I told them about it at a normal service and was booked in for a replacement turbo when I picked the car up after they were able to see for themselves.

You need a 007 style smoke screen...then you're laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    You need a 007 style smoke screen...then you're laughing!
    Like this!

If you look closely you can see the bad guys in the background

That would do it. Or here is mine whilst visiting the coast for the day - sorry fir the B&W photo

See MISSBETTY....they are smoking boats:

14. Default New turbo

I have now done a full week on the new turbo everything seems to be fixed. Shame mine still dies off at 5500 rpm

^^ really i thought the new ones were a bit better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12