User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dump pipe fitted by Mazda

Yes I did, Both Kevin and Andrew are very helpful. The mechanics there are great also.

I have few issues with dealers doing good mods as long as you engage them in the entire process. I had a Landrover dealership here fit an aftermarket Maxidrive locking axle system (F&R) to my old County. They paid for the labour on condition I paid for the parts and participated in demo days for the kit, as it was the only one around so fitted. I'm glad Mazda assisted with this one.

On the ECU issue, I nearly always disconnect the battery when working in such a tight engine bay, certainly on major jobs or major electrics items. It can save frying your electrics or your skin. It makes sense to reset it after a DP job. BTW, the noise will settle down as it soots up a bit. Mine only cackles on start but settles to quiet in 15 seconds to a quiet idle. You should not get smoke.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12