User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Got a cel! Arrgghhh!

Spoke to Chris on monday as left a voicemail for him. Asked what Gen I had (1) he said that Gen 2 are having a cell. Said might be from cold. Anyways I'm getting one from him. Hopefully a solution is found soon.

sweet.. you'll love it.. at least the gen 1 aren't having cel issues in the cold.. It was 2 degrees the other morning.. no problems

Funnily i have not had a reoccurence since track day, cold may well be answer. Cton,s initial on track day was very cold morning as well ,waiting to speak to Yeldarb re his throw.

Guess who's back. This time just cruising busy traffic in Brissy CBD. I've a plan how to rid this one, just purchased one of those Garmin Gps's with the OBDII connection mentioned previusly by Amel. Unfortunately Garmin is having firmware issues so I can't get the updates required to drive the OBDII device. When it's working it will read the code and clear it.

Just not my luck today!

...and a pic for affect!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	4452  

Ahh bugger. If you want to clear that CEL, look at LTFT's again and check that all is the same as last weekend give us a buzz. Happy to meet up over the weekend and I'm always out and about so travelling to meet up isn't an issue. Could try to replicate the conditions that brought on the CEL too if you like and see if that gives any clues as to what is happening.

Thanks Dan, Might try again on Saturday if you're around. You should start a rental programme for your Dashhawk.

Hopefully by then though Garmin will have sorted their firmware issues...

I'll be around, just give me a yell. Happy to assist because I'm curious also, bit of a nerd like that

Ok with the boys at Allstar and on the phone to Grahame at motorsports,

Code means Target Fuel Trim System to Lean, so it could be related to DP where the sensor is in the wrong position listening to Richard and I'd say the sensor needs to be repostion for sure or it's to far away from the jet stream coming down from the DP.... We are thinking that the sensor aren't far enough into the DP.... I hope this will help....

Answer for Oldhead about my exhaust mine is a 2 1/2 inch pipe has I didn't want a 3 inch for the noise factor and the fact that it uses more fuel as well....

ALLSTAR TUNING can get DUMP PIPES for you with NO ISSUES..........
    Last edited by 240MPS; 01-07-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Rino for discussing with Richard , me thinks Yes could be on the track, Spoke today to someone with heaps knowledge and possible as VE commodores and rex,s have had issues with position of 2nd sensor in dump pipes. Similar cels P2096. (run Lean) Chris the manufacturer is very clue,y and no doubt the answer will come.

Thanks to everyone for input.

No probs mate, mine is totally unrelated to your issues with the dump pipe... There's a mob near Richard where he gets all his DP's from and hasn't had one issue with Cel..... The DP will be after I have my suspension and brakes done, looking at a brake package similar to the race car

this is what ive been thinking and saying too...

but ill leave it for chris to make the call on

Hey Doc had along discussion with chris today,hes on the ball ,and has plan in mind re mod.. He had been aware of Rex,s and VE,s similars .I have the faith, he just needed some further info so as to get it right.
    Appreciate your input, as well as everyone concerned.

sweet

ive been throwing all sorts of ideas at him, not sure if im helping or hindering...lol

He knows whats going on... and will have a solution soon, im sure

Doc

Big thanks Doc for putting the time in to help us Gen 2 guys work this out......

Yeah! It has been really helpful reading this!!

Agreed, Doc is like our Ambassador of Best Mufflers. Thanks for all your input mate. You too Oldhead!

cheers guys

Bit of an update. For the last week or so I've had NO CEL! Not sure why. Nothing is different. I'm doing short runs to work, about 10ks. It has been cold, about 8 degrees in the morning. It's as if the ECU has accepted the new situation. Then on the first highway drive in weeks, I short shifted into 2nd coming out of the BP at Esk and BLAM, it's back. So, another mystery.

Oh yeah, I didn't clear the CEL. It just cleared by itself. Strange.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast