User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

1. Default

What are you getting done at chiptorque? Tuned? Definately let me know how that goes!
    Im keen for a tune up there but i dont see the point till i do something about an intercooler.
    Which isnt happening soon.
    Can they tune the gen 2 without fitting a Xede?
    Last edited by Cton; 18-05-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks doc,am aware of Sri . Your typo should read 14 to 1 .
    NO more CEL, smoothed edges and played with clock position of intake pipe, seems to have fixed (im Happy)

14.7 to 1.. oopz

im glad the CEL has farkeeed off

Just got off the phone with Chris.. he really excited about the MPS 6!!

Im going to drop by to catch up with him as soon as I get off work one day early

i dont think the dp will dissapoint from what they do on the 3
    i have a gt28 71r also in the cubboard will wait for the original to die before i put it on
    hopfully there next week

6. Default

has anyone heard whether there is any love for the MPS6 yet?

After starting late at work today, and missing the traffic.. the BEST bit is the drive-ability, less gear changing and it picks up much earlier.
    Still loving it

YEP!!
    there is

gttool is going to be taken care of next week or so

call chris and organise one for yourself... youll love it

good luck

doc

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    After starting late at work today, and missing the traffic.. the BEST bit is the drive-ability, less gear changing and it picks up much earlier.
    Still loving it
    its excellent huh..

9. Default

unfortunately i'm in melbourne - so anything I do will need to be a DIY preposition.
    only asking, and I'll probably have to organise mail order.

once he has the mps 6 dp sorted he will be able to ship you one.. and you can either fit it yourself.. or get it fitted locally

doc

I have dibs on the first production unit after gttool has been to see Chris. I might even drive across the nullabor and take up the offer of free fitting

Not only would you get the free fitting, but you would also be the furthest distance anyone has travelled to his workshop.

Fuel for driving 4000km and back to Best Mufflers - $900
    Food and accommodation for 90 hr road trip - $ 700
    Chris's glowing personality - priceless

hahaha call him and ask him

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...rs-course.html

shinny new muffler to go with sexy black DP.. coming to an MPS near you

Will be putting the 6 on the hoist at around lunchtime friday to see what we can see - or not..

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Good news Mal, I spoke to Chris this morning and he said if you bring your car to him, he will fit your DP for free (yes I did mention you were in W.A, which is probably why he made the offer.)
    Wow, free install for all!!!! If I come down from Brisbane do you reckon he could do mine as well...?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Scienceman View Post
    There is hope. I just had my CPe downpipe installed on my 6MPS (fantastic result). Wife just came back from a drive and patted me on the back saying that "the car is so much easier to drive" that it was money well spent. One benefit from the dp was a reduction in jerkiness when changing gear.

She knows I also want to install an SRI and maybe an EcuTek tune next year so looks like I will have the green light.
    Hey Scienceman, Hope you don't mind, but I'm using your quote in an email to the wife, trying to convince her for the DP from Best Mufflers. Doc had me convinced weeks ago, but the finnacial gatekeeper wasn't so sure. Funny thing though, she was happy to drop $1500+ on new 19"'s, but I'm sticking with the stock look for now, don't want the attention. It's also why I preffer the DP than a cat back system. Don't want the car much louder. From all reports there is a deeper note which is all I'm after...plus performance gains of course!!!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

velly good idea grasshopper. Confucius says (man with too much bling attracks attention, keep your powers hidden)

I just love the note from my new D/P ,plus the extra . NO cels, bolt up and flanged cat. No attention !!! Cant say enough about chris,s work .
    Last edited by Oldhead; 28-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Seriously, if MattMPS3 could hook me with a free install, it would be worth the fuel/accom, plus I could buy myself a nice new Galvanised trailer I've been scoping on Ebay for a while.

I very much doubt it, I dare say it was only on offer because of the distance involved and the likely hood of someone actually driving across the country to take him up on the offer, besides Chris has already had customers from Queensland.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast