User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: turbo upgrade suggestions

ITS all good in43m .. cuz im interested in a stage 1 or 2 from BNR... already contact brian about these postage cost etc.. keep me posted as to GB...

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

What about starting a Thread for those who are interested in a Turbo from BNR stage I,II or III? Get some numbers!! for those who want a standard turbo but want a little extra and want it to spool above 5000rpm and be "reliable" and same to drive in low rev. Or if your chasing higher power fiqures stage II. Or Want a power fiqure thats simular to a garrett 2871 stage 3 turbo.. Best about all these will mate up to ur car with min fussss .

Thanks luke.
    Been chasing brian for a month now for information. I will have to wait now as i got parts from RPM. I did a order last year though Streel unit. which ended with me getting money put back into my account and well didn't get the parts. aw... Had 4Gz toward mods and upgrades for my speed, IN the end with BNR not giving any response in last 2 weeks i went and spent turbo money on a new Fishing rod and reel. hehe instead on one rig i got 2 and spent 1500 on land base game fishing gear.
    I am really interested in stage 2 or III with coming fmic, dashawk ,end links,spc ball joiints,whitline rear swaybar, Then chiptorque flash. Car is going in for bodywork next week.
    Turbo will have to wait for a few weeks or month.
    BUt i will see about a group buy and will keep ya posted on that one.

i dont believe the stage 3 is even ready yet.. but correct me if im wrong

I have had a response from Brain, BNR. have u not had any replys from them?

I have decided to (95% sure) go with one of Bryans turbos from BNR. Sent Bryan an email to get more info from him to see what best suits me the stage 1 or 2. going to do dump pipe, inlet pipe, intercooler, engine mount at the same time ...

Who are you going to get to fit it?

Which Dp are you looking at?

Im going to remove the turbo and fit the turbo.i have a 3' dump pipe that doesnt have a cat. but i have cat that i will have fitted, a mate will fit the dump pipe.

nice nice

: D
    Hey luke
    could you give me a price for the phase II from Bryan.
    As i was going to ring him tonight , but to save time and money
    with shipping over here and conversion to US funds
    with me just outlaying a bit of cash on other things. 2grand is it right now.
    But i really want to get turbo sorted out with the seals, and fix boost leak : (
    Thanks

Im getting a stage 1 $1050 its on order now. stage 2 is $1200 plus $110 postage. im paying by paypal which bryan requires 3% extra. so $1AU buys 92c US.. so X (times) it by 8% and you will get ur price. Dont forget u have to send your old turbo too him... or buy one from teh states and get it sent to him. ( or you can google a currancy calculator..

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I think paypal was the easy for me . just send him it in US dallars

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Is there anyone here got a turbo from BNR?

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Im getting a stage 1 $1050 its on order now. stage 2 is $1200 plus $110 postage. im paying by paypal which bryan requires 3% extra. so $1AU buys 92c US.. so X (times) it by 8% and you will get ur price. Dont forget u have to send your old turbo too him... or buy one from teh states and get it sent to him. ( or you can google a currancy calculator..

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I think paypal was the easy for me . just send him it in US dallars

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Is there anyone here got a turbo from BNR?
    What mods do you have/plan on having?
    What made you go with the stage one over the stage 2? (just curious what he suggested)

And do you mind explaining to me (sorry I may be a little dense at the moment) how the core exchange works.

its costing you $1050 + shipping.
    You receive and send him back your old one, and you get a refund? How does it work?

Sorry mate, im a little lost

I hope you picked up the extra warranty for next to nothing..
    Thanks in advance
    Doc

i choose stage 1 cuz it would remain standard look, it hit the power i was after. with no draw backs.. stage 2 offered only a bit more so i culdnt see the sence in spending th e extra cash .. if your after hp numbers than 2 would be the go.. im not after 400hp.. i also wanted to the turbo to keep spooling above 5000rpm. as for the exhange i have not go to that yet, i was thinking of buying one from the states and senting it to him there. The way i think it works he has the parts there and does the turbo, than you send him yours.?? i dont know as yet

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

as for mods i have 1st cat back now, but i have dump pipe ready to go. when i ahve teh turbo i will buy top mount, CP-e inlet pipe, engine mount. than later(not sure when) a tune...decided not to go the intake route due to not leaning it off.(if im correct the sri etc leans it off)?? well not till i get the tune.. pods draw attention (police)

it will not lean the car off one bit..

the ECU will just add a few more % to the fuel trims. Target and achieved AFR's remain unchanged. Get an inlet you sissy.. just make sure you dont spool past the cops. . Theres a good kick in power when you get rid of the POS intake box.. thanks mazda

I have alerted Bryan to this thread.. not sure if he will reply but thought it was worth a go might be able to answer our questions. without bomb barding him with email asking him the same questions.. so if anyone is interested..........

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

yeah might look at intake later.... now with a turbo that will spool above 5000rpm cant wait for a full throttle flash chiptoque.... LATER ON.. have a 4wk holiday overseas to pay for in november... have to plead with the wife to let me tune my car ...( hows a holiday to the goldcoast QLD sound honey) hehehehe

lol.. ive tried that... failed.. we ended up in Africa

(YHOH()U**PN :UHLIUY&JL:N JLKJHm,; )
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ... After a big write up , server dropped out. Lost.
    OK will try again. Thanks luke
    I am still awaiting parts from RPM, Thats using paypal which takes 6 days to complet a echeque before shippiing begins.
    would like to limit postal as i am engaged in a dispute with australia post. which inevitably will require civil court action to recoup lost revenue. Policy of australia post is to refund seller who then refunds to you. UM : 0
    NOt good if your brought items, sent with tracking, only to have them deliver it, where ( unknown) signed for!!! ( by god knows who ) weeks of phone calls just to remind them that it's still LOST
    rave ended.
    I have posted on mazda6club forums and e-mailed Bryan.
    I read on post over there any tubo will do
    US e-bay shipped to BNR
    Now that a few things are cleared up
    Now i will try and buy a turbo in US, i guess . or find one here and send it over
    currency changes all the time last month 94c aus i got a exchange rate of nearly 96c through paypal
    Luke you got he's paypal details. going to make a deposit. i think. man i got shit going on with work might have to go W.A
    Car goes into the shop for 4 days next week for new bonnet and spray. Hope that they look after it.
    Well i thought of a GB but the whole deal is to much to work out.
    HI Doc
    Got ya message and responded but your intake is overflow'in. DP wasn;t me. NITE ppl

i dont have his paypal account as yet.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

im sure if u contact him as say i want to give you some money, he will be right onto that email lol i would be hehehe

in4m3 how did you go with your turbo? any firther progress with bryan? did you work out cost and exchange?

19. Default Hi-Flow

Hi guys,

I have purchased another stock MPS Turbo, and i am wanting to get it rebuilt but HI-Flowed and better internals.... Does any one know how much roughly it would cost to get it done?

Anyone who has been down this avenue please shed some info. I am waiting to give Garrett in Condell park a call to see what they charge to do the job.

Also agian if anyone has been down this path can you shed some info on its pro's and con's...

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Cheers
    Kym
    Last edited by kym11m; 14-05-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Hi Kym, i have gone the path of a BNR stage one turbo. it cost me $1050+110+250US ($250 was from not sending my core turbo to them) but i didnt want my turbo pulle dapart as its in good order.( i was impressed no smoke at all when pushed on the dyno not even fuel out the back) there are some links in this thread you can read up on ..

dont worry about hijacking the thread lol.. started for this reason

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

sorry for got to explain.. $1050 turbo build, $110 postage
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast