User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 - air intake box

Default MPS 6 - air intake box

juz got a air intake box for my MPS 6
    found out that it looks like juz suckin all the hot air in the engine bay?what can i do now?DIY a cold air intake pipe for it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03022010138.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	2241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03022010139.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	2242  

Looks like the Autoexe intake. You've got one of the better solutions there. When you have forward motion you'll be getting mostly cool air. When you are stationary it doesn't what temp the inlet air is. Be glad, you have what the rest of us wish we had.

You could maybe face it down and duct some cool air up from behind the foglights.

Ooh, thats pretty

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You could maybe face it down and duct some cool air up from behind the foglights.
    the bonnet cant be close if the air box is facin down..
    im thinkin to DIY a pipe to get air form the factory cold air intake pipe(sorry,im not sure the name for it).

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Looks like the Autoexe intake. You've got one of the better solutions there. When you have forward motion you'll be getting mostly cool air. When you are stationary it doesn't what temp the inlet air is. Be glad, you have what the rest of us wish we had.

but seems like the engine bay is all block up?where's the cool air coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by Royee View Post
    juz got a air intake box for my MPS 6
    found out that it looks like juz suckin all the hot air in the engine bay?what can i do now?DIY a cold air intake pipe for it?
    Gday mate,

What brand is that?
    Approx price?

Looks quite good actaully, block the engine\manifold\tubo heat off from the back and open at the front for cool rammed air.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Looks like a simota?

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Gday mate,

What brand is that?
    Approx price?

Looks quite good actaully, block the engine\manifold\tubo heat off from the back and open at the front for cool rammed air.

the box is Autoexe.. with no name filter : p
    bought it 2nd online.. which save alot form the new one $1000 to now only $400

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Looks like a simota?
    nahhh mate..
    simota one looks diffrent.. they got a hole @ the bottom of the box for the factory cool air intake pipe.. i reckon its better design than the Autoexe one..

It's not a autoexe box i just bought one from a japan import if you look close you can see the difference in the shape etcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	autoexe ram.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	10568

10. Default

Mate I have pretty much the same carbon box. I got mine from a guy off this site.

I have similar issue but mine sits a lot closer to the back of the headlight.

I reckon if you connect a standard SRI mounting bracket, adjustable Aluminium piece from Autobarn (about $9 if I recall), to the filter clamp you can hold it in place more towards the front. If you point it towards the ground a bit, you can get some air from the pipe that sits under the stock air box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331997526.747035.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	10622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331997687.389182.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	10623  

11. Default

I really should read the date of some of these posts and who has posted!

No wonder the air box looks similar, I am pretty certain I bought this off Royee!!! Hahahaha, what a tool I am....