User Tag List

Thread: Stock turbo psi? What boost control?

Default Stock turbo psi? What boost control?

Well I am now on the path to modifying my 6 further. I have booked my car in at CES to have a Cat back exhaust put in (because the downpipe is so darn expensive).

A step I am unsure of at the moment is Boost Control. I am considering getting a flash tune by Chiptorque (unless EzyFlash arrives first) down the track after exhaust, and SRI.

MY QUESTIONS :

1) What boost does the MPS6 run stock, and will a flash tune do boost control? What options for boost control do I have?

2) My previous car was a 200sx and I ran a simple GFB bleed value to control the boost. Is this the way to control it in the 6 as I have kept the boost controller.
    Red '05 6MPS.

Stock boost is 14.7psi, (some say 16psi)

Is the system M/S or S/S? (Or I will find out tomorrow anyway )

The re-flash through C/T is the Ezy-Flash. It just doesn't have a controller yet. You can get one when it becomes available (at a discount from what I'm told)(I have a re-flash too)

A re-flash can control the boost for you (factory the car has elec. boost control) so, why mess with it? Tell the tuner to set it at what you want.

Sweet. I'd prefer the computer to look after it and build it into the re-flash. Not sure ATM if I want to play with the boost as the power from exhaust,filter, flash seems to to be pretty good anyway. Might sell the dinosaur tech bleed value.

I have booked in for about 3 weeks time for s/s cat back (see me PM).

Thanks for the help.