User Tag List

Thread: 2006MPS6/ cathalic converter strong smell inside cabin only on freeway

1. Default 2006MPS6/ cathalic converter strong smell inside cabin only on freeway

soooo...i gotta fix this...
    a strong chocking smell but only when i get on a freeway after a while ...
    i cant imagine why does it fill up the cabin so I have to drop the windows to bread ...
    just happend now and i had the kids in the car...feel terrible...

and i was only reving to 3000...

if anyone can please reccomend anything...
    i was thinking of replacing cat with a high flo one ,,but dont know which one,,there is two..???
    thanks in advance..

Blog Entries

Hi if you are getting noxious fumes into the cabin you have bigger problems than just a CAT replacement. Take it to a machanic.
    Fumes are either coming in through the aircon or some other path - are they exhaust fumes?
    First question is what kind of fumes are they? Second question is how are they getting into the cabin?
    Either way you should not have noxious fumes entering the cabin abd it sounds like a serious risk. Get it checked by a professional would be my advice.

re: CAT

there are two - one in the downpipe and one after the downpipe. In some states it is legal to remove the second and replace with a straight pipe. "Race pipe" "Mid pipe" "Test pipe"
    Replacing primary CAT means replacing the downpipe.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.