User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new exhaust system

Its winter and I have driven the car in temps as cold as 4-5 degrees and still not boost spikes. How much colder is down there?

Ummm like 10 degrees lower than that sometimes Nirvie

nice turbo weather I gather....

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Ummm like 10 degrees lower than that sometimes Nirvie
    Are you blaming the weather?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

maybe

Nirvandan what are your other mods? The DP alone shouldn't cause the boost cut, but combined with other mods like aftermarket IC and intake make it much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Nirvandan what are your other mods? The DP alone shouldn't cause the boost cut, but combined with other mods like aftermarket IC and intake make it much more likely.
    Wrong way round Nirvidan dosent have boost cuts, but crusher does
    マツダスピード

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Apart from the CES TBE I got a Turbosmart BOV, thats all.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Yeah that was my point, Nirv isn't modded enough to spike to 20+ psi which is why he doesn't experience cut.

ok cool so with TMIC and SRI + exhaust would cause cuts?

Well yes and no, as each car is different.

An aftermarket TMIC like the ETS has been shown to decrease boost drop through the core by 2 psi compared to the stock TMIC. The DP and any well designed exhaust manifold allow better flow, which allows the turbo to reach generate boost more easily. An intake will make it easier for more air to reach the turbo. While these are typically wanted characteristics when modding a car, our particular stock tune is designed to cut at some number which I don't know exactly, but let's say 20 psi. A DP alone will get you spiking up to 17-18 psi before settling down to 15.6psi. Add a TMIC and you're getting closer to 20 psi, where the ECU will go "oh the engine is boosting too high, I'm going to try and protect the engine and cut boost".

Now this doesn't happen for everyone as weather i.e. cooler air = denser air = boost, also plays a part, and Perth doesn't usually get too cold. This is why in the US the Canadian guys and guys near the Canadian border will get it alot more than say some guy in Texas.

I'd just like to remind people that initial boost spike generally doesn't mean your car is significantly faster than anyone elses when untuned as you end up holding the same amount of boost, though maybe for a bit longer. It is however a decent indication of the ability to boost higher and when tuned to run say 17-19 psi, those aftermarket mods will make it just as easy for the turbo to do that as hold 15 psi stock, though your turbo will run a bit hotter.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

In conclusion it isnt the CES causing the boost spike but the combination of a considerable number of mods

As I said previously, Its the aftermarket MAF housing combined with the CES DP. I have had other mods and the CES DP and had no problems, but, as soon as I fitted any MAF housing other than std, I would hit the cut.

After I fit my new CES system, I will be trialing a few varied MAF housings to see what can and can't be done in regards the the CES system.

Price update:

The Retail for the full system is $2650

The Cat back retail is $1699

The DP and Cat retails for $1299

and lastly the DP on its own retails for $900

I am in the process of working on OzMPSclub discounts, but I have been informed that at this stage, no discounts will apply to parts of systems, only full systems. GB has been set @ 5. Five people needed to get a GB discount on any parts atm. Straight from the horses mouth.

I will PM you for details on discount when I can get them. Thanks.

15. Default

Guys, they are some great prices.

If you think I have been slagging off the system I am not. It is a very good system. Just be aware of the other costs that could be associated.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 07-07-2009 at 10:51 PM.

If you have an aftermarket MAF housing, this system "may" not work together without a tune, but other than that, it's good.

how much extra power did the whole system give u 2XS?

dunno yet, dynoing it very soon. My car currently has 177kw.

With the CES system, aftermarket MAF, XEDE and tune, you should see between 200 - 207kw @ the front wheels.

19. Default

Mine is 199.5 as displayed in the dyno chart.

But if you look at my AFR it is a very mild tune. Or at least I have been led to believe that via my reading.

Good job. I was close with the 200kw figure then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast