User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emissions Test for Roadworthy - Will it pass

Default Emissions Test for Roadworthy - Will it pass

So it's looking likely that i've sold the MPS (sad day). But now the time has come to roadworthy the car as part of the deal. The car in general, is in very good shape but i am a little concerned about the "emissions" part of the test now that the car is tuned. I spoke with the guy who will be performing the test on Saturday and the only thing he was concerned about was whether the blow-off valve was aftermarket (which it isn't). MY biggest concern was the tune as now the car runs quite rich.

Am i right to be worried about this?

Will switching back to a an OTS tune make any difference?

I should mention the car is tuned for the aftermarket DP, FMIC, 3in exhaust with 100cel cat, SRI, autotech fuel pump internals

Hoping a few can chime in here..

Cheers
    Bob
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

What they look for is the emissions coming out the tail pipe.

So, the 100 cell cat may cause you to fail. Just dump 4-5L of e85 in before you go, will help clean up the emissions

Edit: also, may fail the visual with only 1 cat
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 24-06-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

So, the 100 cell cat may cause you to fail. Just dump 4-5L of e85 in before you go, will help clean up the emissions

Hmm that's a bugger! Thanks for the info Sam.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Oh were you legit with the e85 comment??

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Oh were you legit with the e85 comment??
    Yeah, that's a legit comment
    Heck, get a basic OTS map, fiddle with multipliers to get 30% ETH content, fill her up, and take it in

Despite the gigantic soot cloud it produces at WOT, it actually reduces emissions
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah, that's a legit comment
    Heck, get a basic OTS map, fiddle with multipliers to get 30% ETH content, fill her up, and take it in

Despite the gigantic soot cloud it produces at WOT, it actually reduces emissions
    Ok ...Feeling a bit sheepish..it's just been confirmed that my cat is a 200cell euro 3 cat

Ok ...Feeling a bit sheepish..it's just been confirmed that my cat is a 200cell euro 3 cat
    Then I'd say you're probably ok
    But, may be worth just chucking in a couple of litres of e85 (or filling with p100)
    May fail visual, don't know...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Then I'd say you're probably ok
    But, may be worth just chucking in a couple of litres of e85 (or filling with p100)
    May fail visual, don't know...
    Ok, as usual you're a re lifesaver haha

Ok, as usual you're a re lifesaver haha
    http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/un...uel/ethanol-85

On a basic pump tune, can get up to 10% ethanol without changing the tune, so, 5L of e85 will give you 7% Eth, which will help lower emissions

Ethanol 85

On a basic pump tune, can get up to 10% ethanol without changing the tune, so, 5L of e85 will give you 7% Eth, which will help lower emissions
    Ok great, So just before i fill up next i'll swap back to a ots 98 base tune and maybe use 5lt of E85 with P100?

Ok great, So just before i fill up next i'll swap back to a ots 98 base tune and maybe use 5lt of E85 with P100?
    I'd say p100 should be fine
    That's 10% ethanol anyways!

I'd say p100 should be fine
    That's 10% ethanol anyways!
    Cool, thanks again Sam.

I thought you just had to "know a mate of a mate" to get a RWC

My gen 2 passed an engineering cert for ADR compliance with 1 cat (even took photos of the cat for the paperwork), so hopefully won't fail on visual.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm shit outta luck for getting your wheels then lol. @CelestialSpool

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Looks like I'm shit outta luck for getting your wheels then lol. @CelestialSpool
    haha, yeah sorry man :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 70DDD View Post
    I thought you just had to "know a mate of a mate" to get a RWC
    ahh the good old days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    My gen 2 passed an engineering cert for ADR compliance with 1 cat (even took photos of the cat for the paperwork), so hopefully won't fail on visual.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Well that's good to know. Thanks mate.

As it turns out, the buyer needs to have an RACQ inspection done on the car as the purchase isn't going through a dealer. So I should know from that inspection a pass or fail.

As it turns out, the buyer needs to have an RACQ inspection done on the car as the purchase isn't going through a dealer. So I should know from that inspection a pass or fail.
    Inb4 buyer reads this thread and becomes suspect when car passes

Inb4 buyer reads this thread and becomes suspect when car passes
    Yeah...i do think though i'm being over-cautious. The buyer is actually in the ACT as well, so keep cards in your car Sam!

Yeah...i do think though i'm being over-cautious. The buyer is actually in the ACT as well, so keep cards in your car Sam!
    Ah, that's why they're worried about emissions
    They'll have to go over the epa pits...
    Unmodified cars can go to your local shop for a road worthy, modified have to go to the pits
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 24-06-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast