User Tag List

Thread: So my car has been in the shop for 3 days because of a few seized bolts...

1. Default So my car has been in the shop for 3 days because of a few seized bolts...

How long does it take for a down pipe to be installed?

So far its been 3 days and they (not going to name the company...) have been running into a few seized bolts, which took them a total of 3 days to Slowly undo but to no avail. They weren't able to get things done, so its now going to be towed off to garage 88 with half the parts already off so it will hopefully be a cheaper alternative to be sorted out as I believe they will have the tools to sort out the rest of the install. The o2 sensor has been damaged, so im up for a new one. other than that I do hope that everything will work out fine as I need my car to get to work and wanting to come to the meet on this Friday. Has anyone ever ran into this type of trouble? Any advice on this? I just couldn't believe how many bolts were seized.

Bahahaha, worst workshop ever. Give it some pentetrating spray, some freeze and release, and bust em off. and if that doesn't work just cut em off and replace them. Name and shame em, so others don't end up going there.

Inb4 diirps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am yet to hit a troubled Dp i couldnt get off in 3hrs!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    We need you in WA....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    We need you in WA....

Ha! Yep, a few more people who know what an MPS is would be good. "MPwhat? What do you mean, its not an SS Ute you want an exhaust fitted to?" :P

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

7. Default

The annoying thing is that I won't have the car until Monday. .. thats if the job is done. Im driving my mates car to work for tonight and then its hunting around for lifts in the meantime. .. at least im saving money on petrol lol.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Inb4 diirps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Who? What? Lol

9. Default

Oops lol.
    Last edited by sneezingmps; 24-01-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: double post

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    If you could install mine for around that time, I would get you 2 cases of beers! Lol

11. Default

*Update* car is now at garage 88 and ordered an o2 sensor. Hopefully come tuesday my car will be sorted out. Made sure the o2 sensor was express delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by sneezingmps View Post
    Who? What? Lol
    It's a name for a comedy staring a local Sydney workshop

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    It's a name for a comedy staring a local Sydney workshop
    Righteo then. I have an idea of who it may be... Lol

The logo says it all

My o2 sensor was siezed, had molest everything to get the oem dp out toattempt to save the o2 sensor which at the time was $700+, tried every thing under the sun to remove the sensor without damage and was unable to do so! Just un lucky and shit happens.

16. Default

Managed to get an o2 sensor for under $300 cheering! Hoping that the parcel lands today at garage 88 so the car will be done by this arvo...

17. Default

Picked up the car, very happy with what garage 88 did. Kicked myself up the bum as I shouldve went there in the first place... lol. It took them only half a day to install.

Glad to hear it went well. Unfortunately it sometimes takes a kick in the gonads to understand just how fragile and costly parts are in the MPS.