User Tag List

Thread: Bnr s3 upgrade help

camo2310 is offline JE7003

Post Bnr s3 upgrade help

So the time has come to upgrade my turbo to a bnrs3.

I will be doing the install myself,is there anyone who knows whether i need to upgrade or change oil/coolant lines or will the oem stuff just connect straight up to the bnr?

I have ordered a new 3 port ebcs,3 bar map sensor+harness,but am a bit lost on what is required with upgrading the maf to a 3",i currently have a cpe cai and cpe tip,and from what i believe this should connect straight up to the bnrs3,what needs to be done to upgrade the maf?

Help please
    06 3 MPS-BNRS3/STRATIFIED E85 TUNED/XSPOWER CC MANI/PNP IM/INJECTOR SEALS/C&F INJECTORS/HDI FMIC/CPE DP/CS TBE/HPFP/3' SRI & MAF/TS DP BOV/CPE REM/JBR TMM/JBR SSP/DBA 4000 ROTORS/3 PORT EBCS/3 BAR MAP/ITV24/H&R COILS/JBR OCC/HAWK PADS/XXR 527 WHEELS/HK RS3'S/6000K HID/HDI BOOST GAUGE/APEXI TT

RedDjinn is offline Slip stream

3 Bar and 3' maf needs to be calibrated before starting engine, All info on install http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 24-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.

RedDjinn is offline Slip stream

Search function all the info you need is here..

EdgeAutosport.com is offline Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    So the time has come to upgrade my turbo to a bnrs3.

I will be doing the install myself,is there anyone who knows whether i need to upgrade or change oil/coolant lines or will the oem stuff just connect straight up to the bnr?

I have ordered a new 3 port ebcs,3 bar map sensor+harness,but am a bit lost on what is required with upgrading the maf to a 3",i currently have a cpe cai and cpe tip,and from what i believe this should connect straight up to the bnrs3,what needs to be done to upgrade the maf?

Help please
    The BNR is an upgraded stock turbo so all oil/coolant lines should fit just like stock. Like RedDjinn said, you will need to have the tune calibrated for the 3" MAF, and the 3bar MAP sensor.

To upgrade to a 3" MAF, you will need to get a different intake. I recommend the HTP 3" full intake as it will fit with the BNR and with the stock battery tray.

Let me know if you have any other questions

dazza is offline Ain't got time fo dat!

I would recommend all braided lines too.. you may as well do it properly

camo2310 is offline JE7003

Thanks everyone for the help. @dazza,do you know if there is a braided lines kit you can get or do they have to be custom made?

dazza is offline Ain't got time fo dat!

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. @dazza,do you know if there is a braided lines kit you can get or do they have to be custom made?
    Mate, check the following: BNR S3 Swap How To - Mazdaspeed Forums
    You will want 12" of 6AN Braided Hose
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48