User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grimspeed ebc install - mazda 6 mps

JETMPS Guest

Default Grimspeed ebc install - mazda 6 mps

Last night we install the Grimspeed EBC and on test runs it seemed to work fine.
    On my way home last night and this mornings drive to work there is some sort of ticking noise that was never there prior to installation.
    The ticking noise is only heard once I step on the throttle.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?

Thanks!

Did mount it on the firewall?
    Cause it makes that noise

JETMPS Guest

Yes it is mounted on the firewall.
    The noise is a tad annoying I must admit.

Is there anything that can be done to eliminate it?

You can mount it near the stock location. It is possible to fit!
    Just get it off the firewall

JETMPS Guest

rayd, are you able to provide further information?
    I would love to eliminate the noise.

They should come with a bracket and a bolt

Got rice bitch?!?

I have exactly the same issue mate. Haven't had time to look into it yet.
    Option 1 for me is to see if I can source some vibration isolation (probably rubber) and see if that helps.
    Option 2 a bracket to get it off the firewall (bit of spacing)
    Option 3 find another location. I like the location as is so trying to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I have exactly the same issue mate. Haven't had time to look into it yet.
    Option 1 for me is to see if I can source some vibration isolation (probably rubber) and see if that helps.
    Option 2 a bracket to get it off the firewall (bit of spacing)
    Option 3 find another location. I like the location as is so trying to avoid this.
    Option 1 and option 2 I have tried, no change in noise

I had to change location, look at my ride thread http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...yd-s-ride.html to see where I mounted mine (pictures at the bottom)
    Last edited by Rayd; 09-05-2013 at 11:10 AM.

JETMPS Guest

Hey Rogwick,

Location is great.
    The noise is not. I was actually worried that something went wrong.

You always seem to find a solution so please keep me updated.

Thank you to everybody for the assistance.

JETMPS Guest

Rayd - No change with noise.
    Perhaps it is the way the unit operates in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by JETMPS View Post
    Rayd - No change with noise.
    Perhaps it is the way the unit operates in that case.
    If you put any solenoid on the firewall it will make that noise during operation. Only solution is to take it off the firewall

Put a big zorst on, engine bay noise will never be an issue again lol

JETMPS Guest

Lol!

Will attempt to re-locate it.
    Hopefully Rogwick does it before me though.

Quote Originally Posted by JETMPS View Post
    Lol!

Will attempt to re-locate it.
    Hopefully Rogwick does it before me though.
    I'll see how I go this weekend. Only time I might have to work on the car is Sunday as I'm out on the bike on Sat.

The problem with the current location is the existing studs are pretty short so any sort of bracket you make doesn't have much to bolt on to.
    I've got some air conditioner (condensing unit) anti-vibration mounts. Might as well see if I can utilise it.
    Bolting the solenoid hard up to the firewall is the problem, moving is an obvious fix but I'm hoping I can deaden the vibration & retain location.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

JETMPS Guest

Hopefully you are able to deaden the vibration.
    It would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Put a big zorst on, engine bay noise will never be an issue again lol
    That or upgrgade all of your engine mounts!
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

i have one of these installed in 2 port mode at the moment and have the same ticking issue, it's not constant, only until the car gains some boost, so i'm guessing it's just how the boost controller operates, i did some looking around on google and everyone with an after market EBC seems to have the same issue, a tune apparently will help get rid of the noise, my car will be getting tuned to 3 port mode hopefully in the next week or two, so if that works for me, i'll let you guys know, i first thought it was vibrating on the firewall too, so i tightened the nuts, but i don't think it's cause of where it's mounted because that thing is solid on there with the rubber grommets stopping it from moving, but we'll see what happens i guess

Drove my car with the grimm for the first time this evening, that ticking really is suprisingly loud (running 3 port mode). I am considering mounting it in there with some dynomatt. The weather shield it mounts to is just a big echo'y bit of metal on the MPS6 though, so going to try to relocate it later and see what happens.

JETMPS Guest

The ticking is annoying.
    Let us know how you go Baz & Fizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Drove my car with the grimm for the first time this evening, that ticking really is suprisingly loud (running 3 port mode). I am considering mounting it in there with some dynomatt. The weather shield it mounts to is just a big echo'y bit of metal on the MPS6 though, so going to try to relocate it later and see what happens.
    Haha, I remember you telling me it won't be that bad or you'll just ignore it! Another thing is because it's mounted directly to the threaded bolt which is connected to the chassis there might be vibration through that bolt and thus any sort of dampening might only do so much. Still worth a shot though. I didn't have time to sort this on the weekend. However I did sort out my boost control issues and now holding boost (rather than over boosting) which is nice. Will chase the vibration noise as the next mod to the car.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast