User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cut due to TBE

1. Default

I have the CES system, and also a 3" MAF housing and CAI. No problems here, but I did get the MPS properly tuned at APC afterwards with the Xede install. I cant help but say it, a properly tuned car is a happy car.

Trev @ CES warned me that I should definately go the whole hog and get the Xede to avoid and problems. Nick @ APC would have also let me know if there was any FC or BC as well, which is another good reason to get the pros on the job.

All flashes IMO are bandaid fixes, and do not represent a proper tuning solution to your mods. I cant help but think that this is exactly the reason why Piasini has entered the Bermuda Triangle and disappeared for the time being.

While not wanting to get off topic, I do believe this is relevant to the FC issue. Flash tuning does the same thing as an interceptor but does it at the source rather than while in data is in transit. I'm not even sure how you could say that all flashes are bandaid fixes.

So ChipTorque's Ezy Flash for the WRX & Evo is a band-aid fix for what...........as well as the Dreamscience XR5 flash???????? Please tell us what we are missing Wardski.............

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    So ChipTorque's Ezy Flash for the WRX & Evo is a band-aid fix for what...........as well as the Dreamscience XR5 flash???????? Please tell us what we are missing Wardski.............
    I do agree that one size fits all (like the Piasini) is not ideal.

Labeling Flashes as inferior to interceptors is a joke though. If you have a Flash for example that is custom tuned to your vehicle you would certainly have a superior solution to an interceptor. The problem is that most flashes are not tuneable.

I am having a custom flash performed by CT in a few weeks (ezyflash is only the device that stores the flash and is not ready yet). This flash will then be loaded to an Ezyflash device in the future when its released. They stated that their beta tester ran the Xede for more than a year successfully, pryor to having the flash performed. The owner of this vehicle much prefers the Flash due to progressive power/Throttle Control etc etc and it is much nicer to drive.

ohh and not to mention, no chop chop
    Last edited by magoo; 08-05-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    now that stirred you all up. No offence AD07, but we're talking about MPS3's here not others.

In any case, Evo's and WRX's (even XR5's) are on a completely different planet when it comes to flashing. They are also a lot more predictable too, not to mention more tollerant to modifications.

We've also seen dyno after dyno graph on the above 3 types of vehicles, and I'm yet to see a (verified) dyno on the MPS3. This all goes without forgetting the massive amount of man hours in R&D that chiptorque and others devoted to producing a tried and tested product that ultimately works great for WRX's and Evos. God knows when I ditch my MPS3 for an Evo X, I'll be flashing her up straight away (including a CES exhaust!)

In saying that, I still maintain the flash for the MPS3 is a bandaid attempt at providing a bulletproof performance upgrade, and trying to find a Piasini dealer in Aus is like trying to find Wally...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    I do agree that one size fits all (like the Piasini) is not ideal.

Labeling Flashes as inferior to interceptors is a joke though. If you have a Flash for example that is custom tuned to your vehicle you would certainly have a superior solution to an interceptor. The problem is that most flashes are not tuneable.

I am having a custom flash performed by CT in a few weeks (ezyflash is only the device that stores the flash and is not ready yet). This flash will then be loaded to an Ezyflash device in the future when its released. They stated that there beta tester has run the Xede for more than a year successfully pryor to having the flash performed. The owner of this vehicle much prefers the Flash due to progressive power/Throttle Control etc etc and it is much nicer to drive.
    Magoo mate, you're so on the money its not funny.. Good work.

While the Cobb AP is not yet for sale here, there are more than a few dynos of 300+ whp in the US. With the recent release of the ATR beta, there is now the ability to tune the flashes.

7. Default

So current consensus is: reset the ECU by removing the negative terminal from the battery and pumping the brake pedal until it is firm then baby her for a while.

Is that right?

Maybe you need an upgraded fuel pump..

log you fuel pressure

otherwise im thinking its hitting the 17psi cut zone

9. Default

I think I would have to question the necessity for an upgraded CDFP fuel pump. The concensus is that you generally need it with the V3 flash (and on occasion, the Xede too), but otherwise you shouldn't need it

There are certain factors that confuse me - for example - I remember having a conversation with a certain club member who blew his MPS3 motor, and after having a brand spankin new motor installed along with his upgraded CDFP, CAI and TBE, even without the V3 flash he was still getting FC in 3rd around 5500RPM at WOT.

I also have to admit, with the Xede, TBE and CAI, I have never had FC issues, so is it something the ECU is doing that is causing the problems?? Is it overcompensating for something and fuddling it all up? I have no idea if my MPS got FC during the Xede tune.. Maybe it did, and APC were able to tune it out of the equation, understanding how the car worked around my mods? Who knows..

No fuel cut here either, I ran third out to redline last night (on a private road)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    No fuel cut here either, I ran third out to redline last night (on a private road)
    Hmmmm I love those private roads..

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Can you list what your car has please.

PM'd

I had a CES TBE and "cheap" 3" SRI and I got fuel cut, but, when I removed the SRI, problem solved. It wasn't boost cut I'm sure, I could get 18/19 psi in 1st and 2nd (for more than 2/3 seconds) but it would have issues in 3rd. The car would violently stop and then start in split second and then chirp the wheels, I'm thinking this was FC. Also I could drive the car in 3rd and 4th @ 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with 20+ psi without a problem, just as soon and WOT it would cut.

The fuel cut is caused by the ECU registering a specfic airflow requirement and then fuel to suit, If you have to much air coming in and/or out (free flowing intake and exhaust) the ECU has a set "Fuel Pressure Window" that it uses, too much air and the fuel pressure drops into the grey area and the ECU cuts the engine briefly. With Wards car it was "tuned out" as such, so, the ppl that have upgraded fuel pumps or tunes won't have FC issues, from what I have read anyway.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I don't think it's as simple as that. There are plenty of people with more mods than Crusher who don't experience FC. We're talking upgraded IC, full intakes and completely catless. Like I said in an earlier post, even CP-e don't know the exact causes of FC, they just know the flag(s) that turn it off. If it was as simple as tuning it out, you can bet that Lou would've found the causes by now.

Wardski, any chance we can get you to put your Xede in bypass mode and see if you get FC?
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

It might be an early model issue. I also have an '06 model. Maybe we can establish a year model that causes it.

17. Default

ECU reset. Will baby her for a week or more and see how it goes.

as soon as my corksport downpipe and midpipe arrive ill fit and let you know also - ive got an 06 (July build I think so one of the fresh ones all those years back)

19. Default

199.5??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast