User Tag List

Thread: K04 Turbo upgrades within AUS

Default K04 Turbo upgrades within AUS

Was just having a poke around google and came across this: Hottest_new_product_1.ews | www.billetturbochargers.com

Might be an option for anyone wanting to maintain stock K04 housing but go a larger CHRA, higher flow, Ball Bearing option.

Looks like these guys are in QLD, anyone on here been through a similar process? (I am well aware of BNR options hi-flowed K04's from SU etc) Specifically talking about AUS based companies that can take a K04 and give it some extra oomph.

Cheers,
    Josh.

no more smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    no more smoke
    Precisely. Mine smokes on the odd occasion, but they're getting closer together... good excuse for more go fast bits

This looks good! custom made to your liking...

Interesting.. price?

Default RE: K04 Turbo upgrades within AUS

Hmm...subbed, may have to give these guys a call soon.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

If there anything like ATP in Melbourne, it will be around $2,200 - $2,800 for drive in drive out service...

Labour on the car would be close to $1,000 for fitment. Meaning that ATP charge about $1,500 for modifying a K04 hence why buying a BNR from the states is still a hell of lot cheaper.

If you can send your Turbo to these guys, and they can repair and re-work it to similiar or better then a BNR for under $1000 incl. Shipping i'll be interested since I'm happy with doing all the labour myself.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

$1000 minimum prob alot more custom chra's arent cheap, the reason y bnr's are so cheap is because they use a already in mass production gt28 journal bearing chra
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 04-11-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Yeah price is of course the question.

I have not spoken to them directly, but from other forums, price seems to be ~2K for a GT28R size equivalent.

I'd suggest an ATP GTX28R Mazdaspeed kit would be similar price shipped from USA.

I previously (>2 years ago) found a place in Syd that was doing effectively what BNR do but with BB, at a very reasonable price ($1200ish iirc). However I cant seem to find them again...

Interesting. But $2K does put it up with prices of just buying a new bigger turbo.

If having issues with your current turbo. I've seen the cores sold seperately for $300, (I think it was ebay). If you can get the turbo off yourself. It'll be a third of the price of the above option.

Wondering what people's experinces have been cost wise for follow upgrades or repairs to our stock k04:

Hi-Flowed? I know this will range on what the company is offering but i've heard Approx $1100 from ATP for bored out housing & 11 blade gold turbine.

Repaired? Again depends on what has to be replaced on certain turbos.

Also with companies removing and replacing turbo in our cars what time frame would they be charging for (hours)?

Default K04 Turbo upgrades within AUS

Ill help u remove turbo and refit if you just want to pay for hi flo

$700-$800 just to rebuild it within AUS. so if someone is offering $1100 to hi-flow and rebuild, jump on it quick.