User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GT 3071 : A direct bolt-on

You'll also need a new intake pipe, cp-e do a big turbo (4" adapter) version of their Nviscid silicone inlet.

Yeah, I'm going to fabricate all the parts myself.

Intercooler? help keep all that gear cooler in our 40degree, humid summer....

4. Default

Really hope it works out but there is no way I would consider this without the internals. You run a high risk of blowing your motor if you don't build it first. There are many examples in the US. The rods are soft and there is a real limitation with direct injection (can only deliver fuel through a very short time window as opposed to port injected motors). I would assume the only reason to go BT is to get big HP and these cars will not take it. Even with the internals you can go lean under partial boost and detonate. I would also highly recommend meth injection be thrown in to add a little more protection. Good luck mate and I hope the story has a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know there is a mobb in the USA doing a couple of direct replacement turbos to suit the MPS.

ATP in the states is using GCG Trubos in Sydney as their Aus. supplier. Price is $2560 delivered. You can reuse all your factory manifolds and dump pipes too.

I'm getting one of these babies.

GT3071R Bolt On Turbo Kit for Mazdaspeed 3: atpturbo.com
    with a turbo that size you will have nothing under 4000rpm and a

3071 isn't too bad, you're looking at around 3000 rpm for boost to kick in depending on your intake and exhaust mods. In comparison a 3076 is fully spooling at 3500 rpm and a 3582 around 4000 rpm.

Apparently its on full boost @ 3500 rpm

But, I'm still researching the details.

Like I said, depending on your mods. Free up your DP and full intake and it will be lower.

Turbo project currently on hold. Intercooler setup coming first now, rather than all at once, that way I can get a good comparison for the mods performed and power gained.

Just letting you all Know that the atp bolt on replacement turbo's are a great and well manufactured product, the price of mine from GCG turbos was $3200, its expensive but considering the unit is top of the line and the exhaust housing is a bolt in, its worth the convenience! The turbo came with all fluid lines and fittings however you will need cpe 4" inlet pipe for the gt30's. If you go the gt28 the inlet is 3". The anti surge isn't an option on the gt28. Will be awesome when I can all let you know how it goes!

cool..

what are you doing for tuning?

At this stage getting the motor back in is a priority! lol The engine has a beefed up bottom end and head work, dnp manifold, cp-e dp and cork sport cat back system, cpe cai withe 4" inlet, intake manifold is modified and matched. Im not sure what figures I will be looming to decide on intercooler upgrade, once everything is in place it will be a quiet slow trip to chip torque! FMIC is looking the best, im thinking between 300 400hp is a fair stab so far lol!
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 03-10-2010 at 09:21 AM.

300 at the treads is easy. I have over that with the GT28/76r.

I'd like to think that the GT30 setup should put out closer to 400. Pending boost level of course.

I went the gt3071 with anti surge, im pretty sure a HPFP is not far away either! lol not sure what boost yet, I left the comp std to try keep the torque and boost come in similar to stock so wont go crazy on boost till every thing safe!

The torque will be close to 1000 rpm later along with the power.

More boost will satisfy any lag though.

If a carrillo rod goes awol I will know I pushed it! lol

Stock internals with a bigger turbo = booom... Trust me I know!

If your running a corksport down pipe you might run into issues with wastegate clearence on the atp housing, will let you all know on that one! CPE is the choice but I had the pipe before turbo.

Just be polite with the boost Dont want to see you show a Piston and Rod sunlight as they punch through the block

The power should be epic

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Just letting you all Know that the atp bolt on replacement turbo's are a great and well manufactured product, the price of mine from GCG turbos was $3200, its expensive but considering the unit is top of the line and the exhaust housing is a bolt in, its worth the convenience! The turbo came with all fluid lines and fittings however you will need cpe 4" inlet pipe for the gt30's. If you go the gt28 the inlet is 3". The anti surge isn't an option on the gt28. Will be awesome when I can all let you know how it goes!
    Good luck with it all. i would love to go forged internals full balanced and cams, but can't do without my car 'again' beside 300-320hp will be enough for me ( i love rebuilding my own engines, but my wife doesnt )
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast