User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a CP-E TMIC on their MPS?

Default Anyone have a CP-E TMIC on their MPS?

Hi Guys,

I'm having the never-ending FMIC vs TMIC debate with myself and am leaning towards the CP-E TMIC for a few reasons:

1. Price
    2. I want to keep my washer bottle
    3. Stealth
    4. Turbo Lag
    5. I will probably run meth to keep BATs under control so I'm not concerned about heatsoak.

Do any of you have the CP-E TMIC installed? Any pics, thoughts, etc...?

Yes i do have pics i will put up tonight. Was a great torque increase, first 3 gears are much better now I thought stock teh limiters are too strong but after TMIC and couple other small mods there good

I'm also having this debate with myself.... Dunno which option to go with :S I didn't think you had to remove the washer bottle for FMIC?

Dont have to on a 3 mate.

I wont get into the who's is better debate.

Look at it from a power perspective, and how hot it is where you are.

If you arent going over about 350 flywheel horsepower, then you will probably be sweet with most tmic.

If it is very hot or humid where you live, or you are going for the 400hp bracket, then I would probably look at a fmic.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Dont have to on a 3 mate.

I wont get into the who's is better debate.

Look at it from a power perspective, and how hot it is where you are.

If you arent going over about 350 flywheel horsepower, then you will probably be sweet with most tmic.

If it is very hot or humid where you live, or you are going for the 400hp bracket, then I would probably look at a fmic.
    this ^ basically
    also, he has a 6 MPS
    the CPE TMIC has only recently become available here in aus... most people have either been going the ETS or hyperflow units
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you have any more information on Water Meth Injection kits post that up too!!!, I only know 1 friend that runs that on his Gti Pirelli and he gained 24fwkw from meth and a tune that was upgraded to use meth.

Also as a source i know of devils own injections and that it.

You can also consider the Corksport TMIC, esp if you want to keep the stock look, as the stock cover will fit (more or less...) over it.

Thanks that looks freaking awesome installed!
    My power target is 350hp and I'll be running meth injection, so im pretty sold on the CP-E TMIC I think.

Yeh unfortunately on an MPS6 you lose your washer bottle on every FMIC kit except the corksport one (it just adds a tonne of extra piping and a 180 degree bend to compensate).

I've done a heap of research into Meth Injection and I think I'll end up buying a kit off these guys: AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kits - Water-Meth Injection Systems for Turbo/Super - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics
    Tank in the boot somewhere covered by a carpeted box, pump on the passenger side just behind the front bar. There's a pic of a meth install on the U.S. mazdaspeed forums somewhere that I'll try and find again of the pump located in that spot.

I've been told not to tune for meth in case the system fails or you run out of fluid and don't know about it.... you could start getting knock, possibly could blow up your engine if you'd really leaned out the AFR. I mainly want meth to help with BATs during our stinking hot summers.

Here the pics link I mentioned... its for an MPS3 gen 2 I think but something similar should work for an MPS6 if you have an SRI
    DO 3 quart bracket design and mounting location. - Mazdaspeed Forums

Awesome thanks mate, im thinking reusing the current MPS 3 washer bottle, and run maybe 20% meth 80% water mix holds 3.6 - 4 litre and has the warning light when low so might keep me safe if runs low or out

Yeh that's a great idea except I really love my washer fluid!, I use it like every day and when it gets low and I'm too lazy to fill it up because of a long day at work I get really frustrated not having it haha!

O ok yeah thats a downside, im also not sure about the possible damage to rubbers and paint, but i ust saw on the rainx stuff i use in the washer fluid now contains 30g/mm of Methanol so will see

I'll hunt it down some time, but I put up a thread on here about my meth kit placement. If you are running a pod filter and left that lower resonator chamber you can use that as a water tank. It even has a handy space for your pump (if its anything like my one). Side note running meth will at best get you nil power gain and according to the place I got my car tuned maybe even lose a tiny bit. So be warned don't do meth for extra power.

I got a CAI , so i doubt i can fit it there anyway. Not that i'm disagreeing with what you were told but if your lowering you BAT's shouldn't that alone give you a minimal gain in hp and nm? Having those colder BAT's wouldn't that reduce the amount heat in the engine itself and therefore reduce the amount of fuel evaporating before entering the cylinder. Therefore increase timing (safely) and boost?

Don't mean to argue but judging from what i've seen and heard about a water and meth mix i thought these were major benefits?

I don't know as much as Tuners but did they give any reason for saying you'll make no power or loose?

Either way my goal of using meth was the lower BAT's for more consistent power (nullifying high temp days) and safety.

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

The guys down at HPF did me a solid and played with it for a bit to get the meth going at the right PSI, then did some bonus dyno runs. They did play the tune to see what hp gains could be made. I've got a dyno graph with 3 runs on it as follows
    Tuned for 98 Octane
    Meth Running
    Meth Running Timing Advanced 2 degs

With timing advance I got about 3 kw, without timing advance but meth running the car is pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit lower.

As for power gains due to reduced evaporation before entering cylinder, isn't that one of the advantages of the DISI engine? My understanding is the fuel is injected directly in instead of mixing beforehand.

If you just want meth for hot days and to help cooling then go for it, but I just thought I should give you a realistic idea of what meth can and can't do for your car. It probably won't give you any more power, but it will prevent you from losing it as the system heats up. Could change depending on what you run in your system. I'm a lazy guy so mixing 50/50 by weight is a hard task so I do it by volume. I'm also running methylated spirits (ethanol) instead of methanol due to the fact it is substantially less poisonous and much easier to acquire. If you do use actual methanol be really careful and only mix outside in a well ventilated area because of fumes.

Also your car will smell a bit like a drunk homeless dude if you drive it hard with meth injection going :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    The guys down at HPF did me a solid and played with it for a bit to get the meth going at the right PSI, then did some bonus dyno runs. They did play the tune to see what hp gains could be made. I've got a dyno graph with 3 runs on it as follows
    Tuned for 98 Octane
    Meth Running
    Meth Running Timing Advanced 2 degs

With timing advance I got about 3 kw, without timing advance but meth running the car is pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit lower.

As for power gains due to reduced evaporation before entering cylinder, isn't that one of the advantages of the DISI engine? My understanding is the fuel is injected directly in instead of mixing beforehand.

If you just want meth for hot days and to help cooling then go for it, but I just thought I should give you a realistic idea of what meth can and can't do for your car. It probably won't give you any more power, but it will prevent you from losing it as the system heats up. Could change depending on what you run in your system. I'm a lazy guy so mixing 50/50 by weight is a hard task so I do it by volume. I'm also running methylated spirits (ethanol) instead of methanol due to the fact it is substantially less poisonous and much easier to acquire. If you do use actual methanol be really careful and only mix outside in a well ventilated area because of fumes.

Also your car will smell a bit like a drunk homeless dude if you drive it hard with meth injection going :P

I always thought you had Meth but for some reason i thought you had it being sprayed onto your cooler lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

ive had my TMIC for a few months now and love it, top quality kit and big difference over the stock cooler. Looks great too

Omg I want one so bad! They look hawt

Kev: Love the theme you got going there!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast