User Tag List

Thread: INJEN-CIA installed, notice the rev up slower than stock airbox.

Default INJEN-CIA installed, notice the rev up slower than stock airbox.

hi guys, just got injen CAI intalled, i feel strange with this CAI. the sound made by sucking air is cool. but the rev rise is slower than stock airbox. any one had some feeling with ur CAI? before i install this CAI, the rev rise very quick with little push of accelerate pedal. but after the rev rise slower and need deep push accelerating pedal.

That's what you get for using INJEN, they couldn't keep a T-Rex locked up on a boat, why did you think they could make a cold air intake?

In all seriousness though, did you drive it around casually for 50 or so k's to let the ECU learn the new intake?

this is my first mod, i drive it around casually. let the ECU learn the new intake ? how to do that? i appreciate for your responce
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    That's what you get for using INJEN, they couldn't keep a T-Rex locked up on a boat, why did you think they could make a cold air intake?

In all seriousness though, did you drive it around casually for 50 or so k's to let the ECU learn the new intake?

From what I understand, the mps ecu re-learns it's fuel/air maps when you install something like an intake. It'll take a little bit of driving for it to do that.
    Someone can certainly correct me if I'm wrong about the ECU's on these things though.

Did you disconnect negative battery terminal before you installed the CAI?

This resets the computer I believe and then it adjusts your fuel and air readings to the new CAI.

NO, i didn't disconnect negative battery terminal before i install that. can i still do it now ? i disconnect the negtive trernimal and leave the car for while. it is still work?
    Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Did you disconnect negative battery terminal before you installed the CAI?

This resets the computer I believe and then it adjusts your fuel and air readings to the new CAI.

Give it a try.

That's how I installed my SURE Aero SRI and it feels heaps more responsive.

If its that noticeable i doubt disconnecting the battery will fix it..

Didn't put the maf sensor on backwards or create a boost or vac leak by any chance?

Id be double checking any clamps etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

try to reset ecu by remove negtive ternimal. but still feel rev rising slower, especially around 2500-3500. so disappoint with this CAI
    Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Give it a try.

That's how I installed my SURE Aero SRI and it feels heaps more responsive.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

check anything but still feel rev slower than stock. i may re-install it and see any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    If its that noticeable i doubt disconnecting the battery will fix it..

Didn't put the maf sensor on backwards or create a boost or vac leak by any chance?

Id be double checking any clamps etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Next question: What filter are you using?
    Is it a cheapo ebay-spec one?

You may have flow issues.
    And did you clean the MAF sensor?

11. Default

i used the injen filter. clean maf sensor? i did not clean the MAF sensor though. i may try check every thing again. basically i will re-instal this CAI see if any difference. thanks mate, if after re-install it and plus clean the MAF senso, i may need u further help. i am appreciate
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Next question: What filter are you using?
    Is it a cheapo ebay-spec one?

You may have flow issues.
    And did you clean the MAF sensor?

You might find that the filter Injen supplied has shit flow characteristics. I've got no idea to be honest, though. But I've had cheap filters in the past that are practically throw-away items as soon as you unpackage it.

Could be a silly question...did you get the right model CAI for your car? i.e. if it's a 3MPS are you actually using one for an MPS not a normal 3?

INJEN are hardly crap; their CAI's are very well suited to Honda's.
    Never heard of them used on Mazdas tho...