User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Stealth Exhaust

1. Default Mazda 3 MPS Stealth Exhaust

Hey guys,

Been looking into this product from turboXS, its a stealth exhaust, supposed to sound stock but give it a good boost nonetheless.

http://www.turboxs.com.au/products/e...tealth-exhaust

Anyone own one of these? Would like to hear others opinion on this product, cheers.

2. Default

Looks a lot like just the DP and high flow cat that a lot of modded MPS' run. Stealth exhaust = no catback change (cos it flows pretty well already).

Would be interested to hear from anyone with the TurboXS set up.

Adrian

How is their Stealth idea different to fitting a "standard" DP from Best Mufflers or 2XS to the factory CBE?

I had a BM DP and 100cell cat hooked up to my factory cat back. The sound change was subtle, most wouldn't notice.

Could you term that Stealth? I'd be wary of that kind of marketing!
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 26-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    How is their Stealth idea different to fitting a "standard" DP from Best Mufflers or 2XS to the factory CBE?

I had a BM DP and 100cell cat hooked up to my factory cat back. The sound change was subtle, most wouldn't notice.

My point exactly, I was just less succinct...

I would be interested in the gains from the TurboXS set up though, and how they compare to the wonder that is 2XS...

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post
    My point exactly, I was just less succinct...

I would be interested in the gains from the TurboXS set up though, and how they compare to the wonder that is 2XS...

Adrian
    Yeah, actually, you had the same point. Well, at least we agree :P

Anyway, back to the OP, buy local. Save yourself the shipping headache. Lots of good DP options in Australia.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

6. Default

Yeah, actually, you had the same point. Well, at least we agree :P

Anyway, back to the OP, buy local. Save yourself the shipping headache. Lots of good DP options in Australia.
    It is local, they say they are from Hornsby NSW! Thanks for the advice though mate, it was a bit too pricey for my liking anyway considering what it is.

I only wanted to get it for the increases in exhaust performance without making it sound anything more like a stock MPS.

The setup i have visualised is this; CP-e CAI, CP-e turbo inlet valve and some type of exhaust system, was going to start with the stealth exhaust system, which leads me into another question, assuming the pipes and pieces and all that fit together, can i for example, have a CP-e DP with Corksport Midpipe? Or is that impossible?

My general understanding of exhuasts is that it has to be able to flow correctly so if the midpipe is 2.5 inches and the downpipe is 3 then that will cause problems correct? Please help as i am getting a few quotes from different places regarding the exhaust.

I like the CP-e setup, but i dont want it to sound too loud where im pissing off my neighbours and cats and dogs are barking at me, i want it to be boosted, but it has to be subtle.

not wanting to be rude but exhaust explanation here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...-resource.html
    cant have midpipe (aka "test pipe") + DP... well.. spose you can, but no point and a complete waste of money

exhaust mods are always going to create a bit more noise when cold... but a DP will give you what you're after

not sure about the 3 inch DP into 2.5 inch system thing... someone who knows more than me can probably comment
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    not wanting to be rude but exhaust explanation here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...-resource.html
    cant have midpipe (aka "test pipe") + DP... well.. spose you can, but no point and a complete waste of money

exhaust mods are always going to create a bit more noise when cold... but a DP will give you what you're after

not sure about the 3 inch DP into 2.5 inch system thing... someone who knows more than me can probably comment
    Thanks dude, appreciate the advice, no offence taken! Im an idiot so im bound to ask some stupid questions from time to time, im just trying to understand how this all works(cars) and how it all works together in unsion, as one. Thank you for the link.

In regards to this:
    but a DP will give you what you're after
    Does that mean any DP will give me what im looking for? Or do i need a specific one?

When i said i was after the same stock sound, i kind of lied! I want a similar sound to the way it sounds now, plus another 15-20%. Thats the leeway im allowing myself with the mods. So, if i can mod the car and keep the stock sound, GREAT, but if i can mod the car and make it sound a little beefier than stock, AWESOME!!! I just dont want it to sound like its been "done-up". I want it to be a subtle beast, i know its not gonna be the fastest thing out their if i do it do way i want it, but the stock is already fast enough so any improvements will make me very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by 11gen2mps View Post
    Thanks dude, appreciate the advice, no offence taken! Im an idiot so im bound to ask some stupid questions from time to time, im just trying to understand how this all works(cars) and how it all works together in unsion, as one. Thank you for the link.

In regards to this:

Does that mean any DP will give me what im looking for? Or do i need a specific one?

When i said i was after the same stock sound, i kind of lied! I want a similar sound to the way it sounds now, plus another 15-20%. Thats the leeway im allowing myself with the mods. So, if i can mod the car and keep the stock sound, GREAT, but if i can mod the car and make it sound a little beefier than stock, AWESOME!!! I just dont want it to sound like its been "done-up". I want it to be a subtle beast, i know its not gonna be the fastest thing out their if i do it do way i want it, but the stock is already fast enough so any improvements will make me very happy!
    Then it's a DP you need. Plus as you have a GENII you will need a 200cell cat. That's been my experience.

There is a sound change, it is subtle, a deeper note, you will notice it but your neighbors won't.

Any DP made for an MPS will get what you want to achieve. It's just that some companies build them differently.

I have this one from Best Mufflers...it has a single housing on the back of the turbo.

Where as you can buy this style which splits the wastegate from the exhaust (I think ) This one is for a Ford Xr6, but the design is quite similar.

I'm sure Troy will pipe up shortly with some advice.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

It's just a marketing ploy, no different to anyone else in the market. The TurboXS unit doesn't run a cat in the dump pipe, so you'll have to maintain a cat in the secondary location for it to be road legal... The problem with the TurboXS dump is it has no support hangers, so it does move around a bit and no doubt put quite a bit of strain on the back of the turbo..

They use to do a full system but it looks like they've binned the Catback from their inventory.

And yes they are local
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

11. Default

Then it's a DP you need. Plus as you have a GENII you will need a 200cell cat. That's been my experience.

There is a sound change, it is subtle, a deeper note, you will notice it but your neighbors won't.

Any DP made for an MPS will get what you want to achieve. It's just that some companies build them differently.

I have this one from Best Mufflers...it has a single housing on the back of the turbo.

Where as you can buy this style which splits the wastegate from the exhaust (I think ) This one is for a Ford Xr6, but the design is quite similar.

I'm sure Troy will pipe up shortly with some advice.
    Thanks for the info Yeldarb, i am weary about going to manufacturers other than CP-e, COBB and Corksport as they have done loads of testing on their exhaust systems to get the maximum hp/kw out of their setups. So if something is wrong they will fix it in testing, but if i get a quote from an exhaust supplier and then i find that its not up to scratch, i cant do anything about it.

I was going to get a quote from liverpool exhaust but i was reading some stuff on the internet how certain exhaust setups can actually decrease power to the car if not done correctly, has anybody had these types of experiences when getting custom exhaust setups from places other the cpe, cobb and cs?

Or is this just another marketing ploy that ive been sucked into!!?

One problem with those brands, the official aus distributer can be a bit hit and miss...

2XS used to own a mps and has put his exhaust on plenty of cars... CEL free too!

Can find him in the vendor section of forums

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    One problem with those brands, the official aus distributer can be a bit hit and miss...

2XS used to own a mps and has put his exhaust on plenty of cars... CEL free too!

Can find him in the vendor section of forums
    Yes i am having similar problems with MPS Garage myself, i will remain quiet in my troubles with them, i dont believe in badmouthing people or their companies unless there is a reason beyond doubt to do so.

Do you think there is much of a difference between 2XS and Best Mufflers? From everything i have heard Best Mufflers sounds like the way to go, but i really have no idea, i just want what will be the best for my car.

Why is it so hard to order parts from MPS Garage? Are there problems with reliability on their end or on the other end with the Corksport/CP-e/COBB supliers? Honestly i would find it hard to believe that it would take soo long for parts to come from overseas, this isnt the 90s anymore, it HAS to be a problem with the AUS distributor IMO. Correct me if im wrong.

The 2XS set-up with the separate pipe for the wastegate will ultimately make more power than the TurboXS DP.

I have to bail, but I'll explain later...

But the TurboXS is built to a mass produced cost, whereas 2XS are pretty much bespoke (the separate pipe for the waste gate is expensive to do).

My order of preference for DP makers:

1. a Custom DP from Mike Vine Turbo
    2. 2XS DP

3. Someone else......... :P

My DP is desgined to make more power, quicker.

The twin DP design works by acting like an external wastegate setup. It keeps the gases separate to avoid turbulence directly after the turbo.

If you want "some" power gains, get a single DP. Generally cheaper.
    If you want every last KW extracted from the engine, turbo and DP combination, get a twin DP.

The Best Mufflers DP (single) isn't cheaper either.

I promote a CEL free DP, the above named one tries that, but, it isn't on a Gen 2.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    My DP is desgined to make more power, quicker.

The twin DP design works by acting like an external wastegate setup. It keeps the gases separate to avoid turbulence directly after the turbo.

If you want "some" power gains, get a single DP. Generally cheaper.
    If you want every last KW extracted from the engine, turbo and DP combination, get a twin DP.

The Best Mufflers DP (single) isn't cheaper either.

I promote a CEL free DP, the above named one tries that, but, it isn't on a Gen 2.
    Thanks 2XS, how much will a whole exhaust setup with you guys cost me? Like i said earlier i dont want it to be too loud as my wife will have a heart attack if she finds out im spending ridiculous amounts of money on my new toy! Thanks brother.

Where are you located?

18. Default

Where are you located?
    Sydney, just realized your from Brisbane!

Quote Originally Posted by 11gen2mps View Post
    Sydney, just realized your from Brisbane!
    Yes, Brisbane.

I offer the DP and cat as a postage item.
    Maybe the system and rear muffler setup in the near future. (If I can get a Gen 2 into the shop long enough to make a jig from)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Yes, Brisbane.

I offer the DP and cat as a postage item.
    Maybe the system and rear muffler setup in the near future. (If I can get a Gen 2 into the shop long enough to make a jig from)
    (I keep offering...)
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast