User Tag List

Thread: RX8 Rims

1. Default RX8 Rims

Hey guys, im sure this has been covered on the forums before - but just wanted to confirm it for sure! i want to put RX8 18x8+50 rims on my Mazda 6 MPS MPS - will it fit and be preety plush with the guard?

cheers!

2. Default

Will fit no issues even with 235/40/18 tyres on and no scrubbing on stock height. Wont be 100% flush with guards but pretty close

yeap I test fitted RX8's from a friends MPS6 with 235/40/18's no fitment issues on his MPS6

Dad had some on his 6 MPS (now on my 3 MPS) with 235/40 tyres, no problems, other member "Nickows" and "KMH001" has them on theirs. And there is another one i see occasionally getting around with them aswell.

They are very common, nearly more common than OEM

It's a match made in heaven. At stock height RX8 wheels are just fine. But you'll probably need the rear guards rolled if you're thinking of lowering.

6. Default

Why though? Its been done!

Find something else to put in there!

I know that is a really negative thing to say, but I just don't like the RX8 rims and think others look better on the MPS3 and MPS6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnerual View Post
    Hey guys, im sure this has been covered on the forums before - but just wanted to confirm it for sure! i want to put RX8 18x8+50 rims on my Mazda 6 MPS MPS - will it fit and be preety plush with the guard?

cheers!
    They do seem to be a great fitment on the 6. And 235/40 seems to fill out the guards nicely with the RX8 dimensions. Be sure to post pics when your done!

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy

8. Default

YAY guys! i just sourced some decent Rx8 Rims i will post it up once they have been painted black and i fit them to my car
    Cheers for the comment crusher - i suppose not everyone is going to like the rx8 rims - its just my personal preference my car roles on 20" Kspeed rims which actually look awesome on my MPS6 - buts its just not me, dont like the feel of the ride and i go to the snow alot so an 18" wheel is a better option for me

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnerual View Post
    YAY guys! i just sourced some decent Rx8 Rims i will post it up once they have been painted black and i fit them to my car
    Cheers for the comment crusher - i suppose not everyone is going to like the rx8 rims - its just my personal preference my car roles on 20" Kspeed rims which actually look awesome on my MPS6 - buts its just not me, dont like the feel of the ride and i go to the snow alot so an 18" wheel is a better option for me

cheers!
    Your rims'll look great mate.

You started this thread about fitment issues; not asthetic opinion! Everyone has their own taste and if RX8 rims suit you (as they do many of us!) then thats great.

So what size/type of tyre did you go for?

10. Default

Hey Mate,

THanks for your reply, i haven't actually put tyres on them yet - im going to get them sprayed gloss black and then take em to tyre shop fitted
    Hmm well my ride sits preety low but my guards have been bumped before to fit in my 20" rims that i have on now so hopefully i can fit 235/40 if not i might go 225/40

Well I have to work with a budget but at the same time dont want to put any cheapy tyre on - Tempe Tyres has quoted me for Kumho KU31's for $145 a pop with fit and balance and Big O Tyres quoted me for Kumho KU27's for $145 a pop and looking at the website i think the KU27's are actually a better tyre

Thats what im working with at the moment - so if any of you guys know any better deals on tyres im all ears!

You shouldn't have fitment issues if you've already rolled the rear - im running 235/40's with RX8's and haven't rolled the rear yet but have been getting cuts in the tyres - i also have no finger space in the rear guards.

im running Federal 595's I picked up off ebay new $500 can get you a link if your interested. they are fine for my driving to and from work

12. Default

is it just cuts in the rears or the front also? and also, is your car lowered?

cuts on rear only, but that will get fixed once I roll the rear.

Yes lowered on Yellowspeed coilovers why I don't have any gap in the rear - set on pretty stock stiffness so if I stiffened it up it might prevent, but it only srubs on big dips/drops otherwise normal driving is fine.

14. Default

thanks mate, appreciate your help since my guards are rolled im confident i can fit 235/40/18
    hmm thanks anyway for the federals - might just stick to the Kumho's considering it all comes with a fit and balance
    just haggled with Big O tyres to give me Kumho KU27's for $145.00 a pop - they say KU27's are better than KU31's aswell

no problems, yeah you'll be fine with 235's and rolled rears then

you lowered any?

16. Default

Yea i bought the care lowered - the guy before the guy i bought it from compressed the springs (not the ideal way to do it) but cbf changing it until i have a cash to spend - I can fit 225/30/20's and theres no more room even for my finger but i dont get any cut or touching either