User Tag List

Thread: Coilovers 3 choices

Default Coilovers 3 choices

I have 3 choices in coilovers for my 3. whats ur thoughts?

H&R street coilovers
    KW V1 coilovers
    Mazdaspeed coilovers

Im leaning towards KW and H&R! as mazdaspeed only drop 1 inch and price..

Remember it is street driven and very very occasional track use, these 3 do not have a bottom adjustable threaded sleave as space is tight between shocks and wheels..

2. Default

go the H&R

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    go the H&R
    considering coilovers myself, why do you reckon H&R ?

I have heard nothing bad. road ride is not that much diff to stock only controlled like a coilover so i have read, i think this is due to the progessive spring rate and damperning that has been set to that spring rate as the spring compresses

5. Default

I dont know Im just about good quality and would rather pay a bit more for a reputable brand like H&R, eibach, bilstein etc

Im leaning towards KW and H&R! as mazdaspeed only drop 1 inch and price..

Probably a good reason Mazdaspeed only drop an inch, that's because that's the max you would want for a road but occassional track car, any further than an inch and it becomes a full time track car.

Too many modify their cars to what is done for tracks and forget that tracks have a different surface and track cars usually run slicks. The combination of slicks and the road surface give excellent traction and unless the car has a low centre of gravity it will roll over. Street cars have treaded tyres and lousy blue metal surfaces, more chance of sliding out than traction rolling. Body roll puts the vehicle weight onto the load carrying cornering tyres giving greater traction and reduce chances of sliding out.
    The whole excercise becomes a compromise, no body roll - not good, too much body roll - not good. Low C of G on the track, not so low C of G on the street. It's a good excercise to compare a MPS3 and MPS6 suspensions. MPS3 stiffer and less travel, harder ride, often cocks a rear leg. Both cars are comparable in their handling - different set-ups but similar results.

Not interested in which is better, 3 or 6, so please don't continue on that path, they overall are very similar.

BC Racing coilies? Any opinions? I think MPSG are keen on them.

To scared to run them as they have a threaded bottom sleave and adds width to the coilover (space is tight between shock and rim)

OK it will be the H&R's..............http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...coilovers.html

how much are the mazdaspeed coilovers and where can you get them from ?

Ebay.com, protegegarage.com. i think- therpmstore.com, streetunit.com