User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I fit these?

Quote Originally Posted by JestaT View Post
    ok now for ride hight,

I was thinking of just getting a set of kings? any idea how much drop that will allow and how the stock suspension will react ?
    Hey Jesta, got Kings on my MPS and ride height dropped about 25mm, though with the 225/40/18 which is about 10mm smaller in circumference than stock the gap between guard and tyre is still about 3cm. Had them for almost 10,000km now and no uneven wear, handling still good, ride is firmer, still good, but loooks so much better lower

Quote Originally Posted by 12Lead View Post
    Heh JestaT so why didn't you end up going with the 19s ?
    To much hassle ? I was thinking of getting 19s or even 20s but in all
    my research i have noticed the majority of 6mps run 18s
    Hey mate,

I was told there are only one set of 19" that would fit (THAT they could find anyway) and they sucked, I'm sure you could find a set some were though, the off set was too low and they were 8.5" wide so they stuck out the side of the car by about 1-2 cm (ilegal) and were too cose on the inside as well so major rubbing problems even with roled guards you would have to do what slinger did and flattern them completly and thats just the back.

The frount of the mps 6 is plastic that you cant roll you would have to pull it all out and do a custom job and re-fabricate the front wheel arches, after that you would have to pump the guards so they flaired right out to cover the wheels, some pretty major work to be done, I heard of a guy that can do it but It dosnt sound like an easy roll or anything like that I heard he gets in there with a steel pipe and smashes it out to get the flair, I would say you'd be looking at a prettty extensive paint job after letting someone have a go at it with a pipe !!!!!

so in the end you should be able to fit 8" wide with roll work to the back dont know about the front should be ok but 8.5" wide is pretty much out of the question without going through all of the above, that sounds too expensive and too much troubble to go to just to run 19"'s so I picked a different rim was less expensive, an fits easy which free'd up my funds to get the car lowered as well to close up the gap in the arch from the tyre.

If you can find a 19" or 20" that is only 8" wide it might fit in theory but i doubt it after my experience it's not worth the damage to the ride/feel of the car you wont be able to lower it but i guess with 20's on you wouldnt need to! you could do it if you pumped the guards etc but i think it still wont work the arch is just too small to fit them without causing all sorts of tracking problems etc I was devo after finding out all this as i really liked that rim but in the end I'd sugesst finding one you like in the right size and save yourself the disapointment of going through all that and having it not fit anyway!
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Hey Jesta, got Kings on my MPS and ride height dropped about 25mm, though with the 225/40/18 which is about 10mm smaller in circumference than stock the gap between guard and tyre is still about 3cm. Had them for almost 10,000km now and no uneven wear, handling still good, ride is firmer, still good, but loooks so much better lower
    sweet just what i wanted to hear i'm getting this done on sat morning so ill post up some before and after photos when it complete and see the comparision
    Last edited by JestaT; 15-01-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    2006 Radiant Ebony Mazda6 MPS GG Luxury | AEM CAI |Gmax Enigma 18"x7.5 Toyo Rubber ! Kings Super Lows /
    [CENTER]

Hey thanks for that JesstaT, i thought there would be a good
    reason why not many people upsized ( sounds like too much effort and expense for a measly inch or two ) I will start seriously looking later in the year and see what my options are then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12