User Tag List

Thread: Wheel Help

Default Wheel Help

Looking at some new rims and was wondering if 8" is the biggest width i could go?Is this correct?

Thanks

2. Default

What car?

What offset?

What tires are you looking to run?

My car is a 2007 MPS3 and runs 7.5's. 8's would fit with the right offset. And I am sure others have gone out past 8's.

4. Default

All i know is 17x9 +12's don't fit even when running 235's haha

well, maybe if you ran some epic neg camber

I'm running 17x8 +40's (with 235's) and 17x8+42's (with 205's) and neither of them scrubbed or rubbed

Hi, looking at some 18x8 rims with a 42 offset...would this fit under my mps6 without rubbing??

Thanks

6. Default

you will prob get rubbing depending on what tyre size you put on ... 235's yes definate rubbing

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

just get your rear guards rolled its no bg deal and the agressive offset will look great on the 6

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    Hi, looking at some 18x8 rims with a 42 offset...would this fit under my mps6 without rubbing??

Thanks
    You are close to the minimum legal offset, which is 40 (12.5mm less than stock). I would bet that you would experience rubbing as a problem, most likely with a full load.

My suggestion would be to find something with +48, +50, or +52 for an 8" wide fitment. +45 might get away with a guard roll, but I wouldn't reccommend a +42 offset in a fit.

Sorry for being the tyre nazi, it's just there isn't much room, and the lower the offset, the more you're pushing it.

It really is best to minimize the change in offset. Just my opinion, the majority of people who fit aftermarket wheels frequently ignore such advice once they find something they like the look of.

Without explaining why in tedious detail, +48 or +50 is what I would recommend for an 18x8.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.