User Tag List

Thread: Legalities on glow in the dark?

Default Legalities on glow in the dark?

I'm thinking of does my wheels in glow in the dark paint finished with a red tinted clear ( in theory should glow a redish colour) the paint I've found glows for 8hrs per 'charge' apparently for the life of the paint .
    My question is where does the law lay on such things as neons ect and illegal as the are a distraction to other drivers , so does this fall under the same ruling ? As is rather not go through all the hassle if I'm just going to have to change it a week in ..
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

IM no expert on this, I cant see why you couldn't.

The "distraction" rule is a tricky one as it can vary from cop to cop. Hence the reason they ruled out neons. Aftermarket DRL's as they are mostly not of the ADR required brightness and specifications could also go under the "distraction" rule. But they don't seem to be.

My suggestion would be to speak to the local police. Just be upfront with them.
    Say this is what I would like to do, do you have an issue with it?

As a side note, my fathers Work wheels have glow in the dark stickers on them, made that way. And they are legal.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Do it anyway.
    You know you want to.

Shit that looks good go ahead it'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Do it anyway.
    You know you want to.

You all know I'm going too

CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

You'll never curb a wheel and say I didn't se the gutter lol

Good question!! The distraction thing is rubbish I think. I get distracted by a hot girl, a lambo (sometimes a hot girl driving a lambo) etc etc, should they be illegal too?

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Good question!! The distraction thing is rubbish I think. I get distracted by a hot girl, a lambo (sometimes a hot girl driving a lambo) etc etc, should they be illegal too?
    Actually I remember that being challenged a while back in Sydney.
    Guy crashed car and was charged for neg driving so his insurance claim was knocked back.
    He took it to court claiming it wasn't his fault it was the short skirts the girls were wearing that caused a distraction.
    Amazingly he won. Must have got a male judge!
    But I do think a few things were changed after that.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

If you painted them in an "emergency related colour" like red, blue or white you may have more of a chance of getting defected.

The force have always indicated that emergency colours are not to be used on the front or rear of the vehicle, but on wheels i guess you could argue its not front or rear

Quote Originally Posted by RED3VIL View Post
    If you painted them in an "emergency related colour" like red, blue or white you may have more of a chance of getting defected.

The force have always indicated that emergency colours are not to be used on the front or rear of the vehicle, but on wheels i guess you could argue its not front or rear
    good point ! maybe ill stick to white with glow over that ?

Do this =D

That might be a little too far

Quote Originally Posted by raffa View Post
    I'm thinking of does my wheels in glow in the dark paint finished with a red tinted clear ( in theory should glow a redish colour) the paint I've found glows for 8hrs per 'charge' apparently for the life of the paint .
    My question is where does the law lay on such things as neons ect and illegal as the are a distraction to other drivers , so does this fall under the same ruling ? As is rather not go through all the hassle if I'm just going to have to change it a week in ..
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

You may get done by the Rice police

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    You may get done by the Rice police
    Ouch !

Quote Originally Posted by raffa View Post
    Ouch !

Just joking , looks sic

Any update @raffa, I wanna get on this if it looks alright.

ive decided to roll the dice with the 'po po' and just do it , im just trying to find the time to get the rubber off the rims and get em to the powdercoaters to get white done ( as a solid base ) and then ill play around with the glowing goodness @KFuNk .. ill keep this thread updated as any progress is made

19. Default Glow in the dark paint

Before, I sprayed the luminous paint on the wheels, it was very beautiful at night, and the luminous effect was very good.
    I chose a lot of luminous paint, and finally chose the luminous paint of their home, recommended to everyone.
    https://glowtechno.com