User Tag List

Thread: Front Camber Kit

Default Front Camber Kit

Is there a front camber kit that will either suit both Koni FSD & coil overs. I want to reduce understeer on the track hence the need for a camber kit. I want to keep the same camber kit if I do change to coil overs at a later date. Will a rear heavy sway bar alone reduce understeer dramatically ?

added front camber wont reduce understeer.

if you are asking about a rear sway bar, i'm guessing you have stock suspension. so do the normal things first like rear sway bar and front strut brace.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 24-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Absolutely get a rear swaybar if it hasn't been upgraded already. Camber won't help understeer, but a bit more Caster helps with turn in.

It mostly depends at what stage of the corner you are getting understeer.

1. If it is on turn in through to mid corner then a rear swaybar will make the biggest difference.
    2. If it is breaking loose through the middle of the corner then it's probably an out of wack suspension damper setting. Rear swaybar will still help here too.
    3. If it is understeering when you boot the throttle on corner exit then get a RWD car instead. An upgraded LSD can help but you can't remove that tendency to understeer on corner exit.
    Last edited by Reedy; 25-06-2013 at 11:25 AM.

I don't understand that camber will not help with understeer. I used a to race a Cordia Turbo front wheel drive turbo car & having negative 2 degrees camber helped turn in dramatically. Am I missing something ?? The rear sway bar is on my shopping list. I am getting understeer as you described in point 1.

Because "turn in" and "understeer" are two different things
    And there are three types of understeer, Entry, mid corner and exit. All three have different methods of fixing it

Starting to making sense to me now. When I checked front tyre temperatures from inside to outside edge it was relatively
    Even, meaning camber was ok. Is there a castor/camber kit that will suit the koni fsd & if I change to coil over in the future I can utilize the same castor/camber kit.

One problem with caster/camber kits is they can add an inch to your front ride height so might not be the best thing without height adjustable coilovers. Whether or not they work with stock vs koni vs coilovers is something that you'll need to look into closely. Since they are all made to fit the same car you will probably find they do fit.

Also if you're checking surface temps of your tyres and they are even across the loaded side of the car then your camber is spot on. You shouldn't need to mess with it.
    Last edited by Reedy; 25-06-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Thx Reedy. Do you have a castor kit & coil overs . If so do you have adjustable coil over to compensate for the raised front.

Yes I have KW coilovers and a custom fully floating strut top that has full freedom of movement. I bought them through Tunehouse, not sure where they source them from as I got it as part of a fully installed package.

kmac make the floating mazda 3 front top plates. yes they will add 20mm to you ride height. again do the common thing first. no good doing the fine tuning stuff first.

Thx for all the advice, Whiteline RSB going in 2moro