User Tag List

Thread: Black Spped 6 with orange wheels

Default Black Spped 6 with orange wheels

Hi guys I was looking over some overseas forums and the mazdafitment site a car keeps coming up that I really like the stance of all I know is that he is running bc coilovers no wheel specs or anything else noted to get the look. my question to you mazda gurus was was does anybody know the owner and what exactly has been done with his suspension. I'm currently running the H&R springs with my 18X8.0 Work emotion XD9 Whels and I'm still not happy with how its sitting. If anyone knows or knows of any of these details your help would be greatly appreciated I know he does alot through streetunit if that helps at. Thanks in advance for any help

Fit proper sized wheels
    Don't buy from street unit
    Ignore mazdafitment

buy coilovers.
    use a wheel and offset calculator and get out to your car with a tape measure.
    buy correct spec rims.

Quote Originally Posted by slow6 View Post
    Hi guys I was looking over some overseas forums and the mazdafitment site a car keeps coming up that I really like the stance of all I know is that he is running bc coilovers no wheel specs or anything else noted to get the look. my question to you mazda gurus was was does anybody know the owner and what exactly has been done with his suspension. I'm currently running the H&R springs with my 18X8.0 Work emotion XD9 Whels and I'm still not happy with how its sitting. If anyone knows or knows of any of these details your help would be greatly appreciated I know he does alot through streetunit if that helps at. Thanks in advance for any help
    You won't get much love around here in regards to stance..
    Is this the one you are reffering to?
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...andorange4.jpg
    His forum name is rhoadblock, pretty sure his car zzb.
    His specs were as follows:

07 Mazdaspeed6
    BC Coilovers
    19x9.5 +25 Privat Reserv
    225/35/19 Nankang NS-II
    ~ -2*f / -3.5*r

You would also have a bloody hard time getting it to fit without scrubbing that low. Alot of rolloing would be required.
    I think youll find its the design of your rims, they look smaller than they are and you need to go pretty low to get it to look right.
    See here: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0004_large.jpg
    Last edited by dazza; 05-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Please someone explain to me why 225 tyres on 9.5" rims?

There is simply no logic

@bd581 cause sick stretch brah......!!!

I'm with you, noooo point.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Please someone explain to me why 225 tyres on 9.5" rims?

There is simply no logic
    As someone on Facebook said with 225 on a 8.5"
    "I want stretch, cause stretch is good"
    Waiting for anyone to explain to me why...
    If I had 9.5" rims that fitted properly, they'd have 255 tires on them
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Once upon a time, we had crappy cross ply tyres.
    What people would do is fit narrower tyres to wider rims, the prupose of this was to stiffen the sidewall. Remember back then tyres of 70 profile plus was the norm, so there was a lot of flex.

Now with tyre technology that it is, stiff sidewalls, low profile tyres all stretching tyres like the photo shows (so much you can see the inside of the lip) is stuff up how the tyre and suspension works (tyres are part of suspension also)

Anyway, now to answer the post.

Streetunit sucks
    6 MPS is difficult to find a wheel that looks right anda good fit because of the shape of the guards.
    You have a good size wheel for practicality and performance (assuming offset is sensable)

To get that "look" you want for whatever reason i doubt i'll ever understand, you want wider wheels with more offset, adjustable camber, and a mate at a tyre shop if you plan to actually drive your car
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims